Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust
This job is now closed
Epsom and St Helier NHS Trust Audiology department is committed to providing the highest quality services to the population we serve. We have state of the art facilities and a committed and motivated team.
We are looking for an outstanding clinician to join our outstanding team.
You will have a BSc or MSc in Audiology or CAC qualification or equivalent. You must have appropriate NHS or other experience consistent with your qualifications.
This band 6 post will be working in our Paediatric departments providing community based and hospital clinics offering a range of age appropriate testing. You will be working in a supportive team and we actively encourage the continuing professional development of our staff.
This is an exciting opportunity to expand your clinical knowledge while working in an excellent team of multidisciplinary professionals.
Main duties of the job
- This post is for a suitably qualified Audiologist with a proven track record of experience working with children of all ages .
- You will work as part of the paediatric audiology team to provide diagnostics and auditory rehabilitation for routine and complex patients.
- Perform routine audiological investigations on individuals of all ages, to support the differential diagnosis of auditory dysfunction.
- Complete routine follow up checks of hearing aid use, verification and validation.
- You will be responsible for your own caseload which will include the paediatric hearing aid service.
Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust provides a range of medical services to approximately 490,000 people living across southwest London and northeast Surrey. In addition, we provide more specialist services, in particular renal and neonatal intensive care, to a wider area, covering parts of Sussex and Hampshire.
We serve an area that is rich in diversity, with a mix of urban and rural areas, and differing levels of quality of life. We cover some of the most prosperous postcodes in the country, as well as some poorer areas. Together with our colleagues at NHS Surrey and NHS Sutton and Merton, we work to make sure that we deliver the best possible care to the communities we serve.
The Trust employs approximately 5,000 staff across its hospitals and is supported by over 500 volunteers.
The Paediatric Audiology Team consists of Audiologists, Consultant Audio-Vestibular Physicians and Apprentice audiologists . We are a small ,friendly and supportive team working to ensure a high standard of care
****** Please see the attached job description and person specifications for further details regarding the vacancy.******
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).