North Bristol NHS Trust
This job is now closed
To work as part of the operational team responsible for providing a comprehensive patient support service in the hospital environment. This will involve carrying out the following Facilities Management functions:
- The primary function is the movement of patients, consumable products, waste, furniture, medical equipment, gasses, beds, mattresses etc.
- The cleaning of all Portering equipment, delivery of blood products and responding to Major incidents.
- To deliver emergency blood products.
A Full, Clean, UK Manual Driving license is essential for this post.
Please do not apply if you do not have a UK license to drive a manual vehicle.
Main duties of the job
To provide a high quality responsive, efficient and effective patent support service to wards, and departments in North Bristol NHS Trust acting in a caring and professional manner and working in line with the Facilities and departmental operating procedures.
Would you like to hear or see us in action? Please click on this link to see a behind the scenes video of our Portering team:
Our Portering Team
The Portering team are responsible for providing a comprehensive patient support service within the hospital environment. This will involve carrying out the following Facilities Management functions:
o The primary function is the movement of patients, consumable products, waste, furniture, medical equipment, gasses, beds, mattresses etc.o The cleaning of all Portering equipment, delivery of blood products and responding to Major incident.o To deliver emergency blood products
We specialise in services for:
- Emergency Department (ED) - Excluding Imaging
- Acute Medical Unit (AMU)
- Retained Estate
- Discharge Lounge
- Internal Ambulance Requests
- General Wards & Departments in Brunel - ExcludingTheatres or Imaging in-patients.
- Movement of patients internally between wards and departments.
- Movement of patients externally between wards and departments, via ambulance (non-emergency).
- Movement and delivery of various blood products across the site and within the main building.
- Movement and delivery of various consumable items across the site and within the main building.
- Movement of waste around the site and within the main building.
For a Full Description of roles and responsibilities, please see attached Job Description
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).