Bank - Theatre Nurse- Anaesthetics, Scrub, Recovery
North Bristol NHS Trust
The closing date is 16 June 2023
So, you're eager to learn more about bank Anaesthetic, Scrub and Recovery Nursing opportunities at North Bristol NHS Trust?
Here are some of the reasons we're unique...
- Our Theatre department is the Major Trauma centre for the South West Region and a specialist regional centre for a number of services, including neurosurgery, renal, plastics, burns and orthopaedics. We host 34 Theatres, delivering both elective and emergency surgery, supported by 72 Medirooms.
- Our innovative Medirooms combine the traditional recovery, day-case, same day and admission areas into a single patient room environment, specifically designed to enhance patient experience. Patients also benefit from continuity of care as they are admitted, recovered and discharged/transferred by the same Mediroom team.
Our Trust bank team, NBTeXtra, are innovative, impressive and inclusive. Let us tell you a little more..
- Our NBTeXtra nurses are valued members of our team and have access to exceptional benefits; access to the NHS Pension scheme, free DBS and full training, induction and revalidation support.
- We have competitive rates available for shifts Trust-wide
- 18.92* per hour - Week Days
- £24.60* per hour - Nights and Saturdays
- £30.27* per hour - Sundays and Bank Holidays
*All rates are inclusive of annual leave allowance
- We also offer paid orientation and induction (2 days on site induction and e-learning accessible from home).
Main duties of the job
As a Bank Registered Nurse, you will increase your skill set by working with multidisciplinary teams to deliver all aspects of patient care. Your main duties will include:
Supporting all clinical areas of the Trust as and when required.
- Taking personal responsibility and accountability for ensuring that Trust and local policies and procedures are known and followed and ensuring duties are carried out in accordance with the advisory guidelines and practice set out in the NMC code.
- Being responsible for assessment, planning, Implementation and Evaluation of patient care.
- Taking responsibility for the supervision and guidance of other staff including health care assistants and students as required.
Successful applicants for this role will:
- Hold RN (Adult) Registration with current NMC licence to practice.
- Have experience working in Anaesthetics, Scrub or Recovery within the last 18-24 months.
- Have a drive to work hard, enthusiasm and the ability to commit to a two week induction programme if successful.
- Have Right to Work in the UK (with relevant Adaptation/ONP if applicable).
NBTeXtra is the temporary bank of staff that supports the running of one of the South West's largest hospitals.
North Bristol NHS Trust employs over 12,000 staff providing healthcare to the residents of Bristol, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset from our award-winning hospital building at Southmead. We are the regional Major Trauma Centre, and an internationally recognised centre of excellence in a range of services and major specialities. Our vision is that by enabling our teams to be the best that they can be, we will provide exceptional healthcare, personally delivered.
We commit to treating each patient as an individual with respect and dignity, aiming to deliver excellent clinical outcomes and a first-class experience for everyone who uses our services.
North Bristol NHS Trust values all people as individuals. We aim to be an anti-discriminatory organisation and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We welcome applicants from all underrepresented groups.
02 May 2023
Agenda for change
£18.12 to £28.99 an hour £18.12 - £28.99 per hour
For the Job Descriptions and Person Specifications for these roles, please refer to the additional documents on these advert relevant to the speciality you are looking to apply for.
- RGN with current live NMC Registration
- Candidate will have undertaken training for extended roles required by the ward / department. relevant to the role .
- Candidate will have been working in an apt clinical setting
- Advanced communication skills, verbal & written, to include report writing and record keeping.
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Ability to undertake shift work (flexible options available)
- Basic computer / IT skills and expectation to develop these in line with the needs of the service i.e. IHS, Acis, Email use.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
North Bristol NHS Trust
For questions about the job, contact:
North Bristol NHS Trust's privacy notice (opens in a new tab)