Clinical Procurement Specialist
North Bristol NHS Trust
This job is now closed
The Senior Clinical Procurement Specialist role is an integral role within the Bristol & Weston NHS Purchasing Consortium (BWPC) by providing specialist clinical / functional expertise and acting as a link between clinical staff and the procurement team.
The post holder will participate in setting the overall direction and strategy for the Procurement of clinical products, directly supporting the development of the CPS function within BWPC and acting as a role model in supporting the corporate vision, values and objectives.
The post will maintain key clinical relationships, while supporting supply chains to deliver better patient outcomes at a lower overall cost.
Main duties of the job
Inputting into the national /regional teams to improve best practice, lead/part of national improvement teams and implementing clinical / functional policy across our clients.
Represent our client economy at ICS and regional level on all aspects of clinical / functional programmes and procurement strategies.
Lead and be responsible for product and service trials and evaluations across our clients.
Working with Procurement Managers across the ICS in developing Clinical / Functional Networks and Category Management Groups by providing input into appropriate pipeline projects.
Senior activity in liaising with colleagues at all levels to ensure compliance in the use of agreed standardised products, ensuring the range of items within catalogues is rationalised to an optimum level.
Setting up and/or working with established Clinical Procurement Groups to evaluate products and fast track product rationalisation decisions.
Ensure that the interface between clinical / functional and procurement operations is established and robust, ensuring that change is driven through innovative procurement practice and contract compliance; thereby managing costs and improving patient care / user satisfaction through efficient practice.
Provides specialist clinical / functional expertise through the team, to give support, advice and training to Procurement team, Trusts, nurses, medical staff, Allied Health Professionals and other functional leads and stakeholders.
Bristol & Weston Purchasing Consortium (BWPC) have an opportunity for a Clinical Procurement Specialist to join our busy, award-winning team. Based in Southmead Hospital.
BWPC are proud to feature amongst our clients two of the largest NHS Acute Trusts in the UK. We support regional procurement activity, working to ensure our local health and welfare providers are able to deliver whole system cost reduction, whilst ensuring an optimised service delivery
Develops the Clinical/Operational Purchasing Sourcing Strategies -
- Represent BWPC at a regional /national level on all aspects of clinical / functional programmes and procurement strategies.
- Maps and assesses products and services across the whole health economy, ICS and Trusts, to identify regional solutions. Links with national clinical and purchasing networks, Innovation Centre/Hubs to ensure cohesive strategies.
Manages the Clinical/Operational Interface -
- Identifies and develops Stakeholder networks and draws up a comprehensive engagement and communication plans
- Provides the high-level point of contact for all Clinical / Operational colleagues on product choice
- Works directly with Category Managers to develop the strategies in each category and to set up appropriate stakeholder engagement in the drawing up of specifications and process re-engineering programmes,
Manages the Evaluation and Assessment of Products / Devices and Services
- Sets up and leads evaluation and assessment of products / devices and services strategy and systems considering need and preference, evidence benefits and value for money initiatives
Planning & Organisation
- Understanding the global and longer-term strategies and prioritising and planning short- and medium-term milestones and action plans
- Ensure processes in place for team to organise teaching sessions or briefing sessions for suppliers to deliver to clinicians / stakeholders.
Research & Development
- Responsible for initiating trials and evaluation of devices. Nominating appropriate stakeholders to undertake trials. Following up on results, formulating data and implementing evidence-based changes as necessary.
For full duties please see Job description
Personal Qualities/Special Circumstances
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).