Advanced Mental Health Practitioner - Community
South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
About the team:
Lewisham's Community Services have been undergoing a radical transformation programme and an exciting opportunity has arisen to take on the role of Advanced Practitioner in Lewisham Community Mental Health Team Neighbourhood 3.
The Mental Health Practitioner will support the Team Leader to develop and sustain the new model, and assist the team manager with supervision, complex cases, referrals and discharges, and embedding new ways of working in the team.
About the role:
We are looking for a highly experienced and enthusiastic Mental Health Practitioner with a hands-on approach who relishes a challenge, has a real passion for mental health and who models the highest standards of care in their practice. We welcome application from BAME candidates.
This is a varied and challenging role and requires an experienced mental health professional (nurse, social worker or occupational therapist) with an excellent knowledge of working with service users with severe and enduring mental health problems.
You will be supported through regular supervision and access to training. We know that the Trust can only be as good as the people who work here and we'll invest in you to maximise that potential.
We look forward to receiving your application.
About the location:
The Inner London service is based at Churchdown Mental Health Centre, 1a Churchdown Downham, Bromley, BR1 5PS.
Tel: 0203 228 0601
Main duties of the job
The post holder will:
- support staff to undertake structured case management sessions and other complex pieces of work;
- offer professional advice to client / patients and their carers, other professionals, statutory and voluntary agencies.
- facilitate the transfer of patients between primary and secondary care and between the different specialist teams within the Trust and will be expected to provide the function of care co-ordination in some circumstances.
- be responsible for supporting the provision of clinical supervision to band 6 practitioners and lower grade staff where appropriate.
- provide clinical leadership in their specific area of practice and may deputise for the team manager in their absence.
- take on specific responsibility for the management of identified areas of the local service ensuring that clinical and management procedures are carried out to a standard that ensures safe and effective care and complies with the relevant codes of conduct.
- support the Team Leader with the co-ordination of multidisciplinary working, maintaining excellent communication and working relationships with all team members, and other services within the Trust and ensure effective interface and continuity of care between disciplines and services.
Our Trust headquarters is located at Denmark Hill less than 5 minutes from the train station (zone 2).
We are committed to ensuring our staff get the most out of their benefits package and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. There is an extensive range of excellent benefits for you and your family including:
- Generous pay, pensions and leave,we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
- Work life balance,flexible working and support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working and job sharing.
- Career development,there are plenty of opportunities to progress your career and we support your development through a number of programmes such as mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes
- Car lease,our staff benefits from competitive deals to lease cars
- Accommodation,our staff benefits from keyworker housing available which is available on selected sites
- NHS discounts,with discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands though Health Service Discounts website.
Other benefits include:
- Counselling services
- Wellbeing events
- Long service awards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff restaurants
See attached Job Description for full details of job purpose, key responsibilities and our values and commitments.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).