Digital Learning and LMS Developer
South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
Exciting opportunity for Digital Learning and LMS Developer who is passionate about creating great learning experiences. With a background in eLearning authoring and Learner Management Systems/Virtual Learning Environments, in particular Moodle, you will also have great multimedia design skills and interest in innovative approaches such as VR/XR learning.
Main duties of the job
The post will suit a dynamic, driven individual who is passionate about digital learning development, virtual learning environments and engaging learners through great learning experiences. The post holder will also have an excellent background in utilising learner management systems/virtual learning environments to provide learners across the world access to high quality digital learning experiences that aim to improving people's lives through high quality workforce development programmes.
As a member of the Maudsley Learning team the post holder will lead on development of products and services for synchronous and asynchronous digital learning through a range of authoring tools including the Articulate 360 suite and iSpring, and be responsible for learner engagement with learner management systems, Moodle/Totara, for design, development and delivery of world leading education and training in mental health and wellbeing nationally and internationally.
You will be highly organised and able to manage multiple competing priorities and projects while delivering work to high standards. This is an unusual opportunity to join a unique team with an ambitious mission and vision for improving people's lives through mental health education.
South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust encourages and welcomes applications from people with lived experience of mental health challenges. We see this as valuable and recognise the positive impact this experience can have on the work we do.
The post holder will, as a member of the Maudsley Learning team, lead on development of products and services for synchronous and asynchronous digital learning and be responsible for the day-to-day management of the learner management system. It offers an opportunity to support the design, development and delivery of world leading education and training in mental health and wellbeing nationally and internationally.
As part of an award-winning education and training team, the applicant will use their experience in digital learning using variety of authoring and media technologies, underpinned by good instructional design, to create world class digital products and services to support the education and training offer of Maudsley Learning.
LEADING DIGITAL DEVELOPMENT
- Ensure best practice and pedagogical principles are applied to all digital learning developments
- Support senior management in the department to deliver strategic goals and lead on innovation developing digital learning
- Focus on embedding the Trusts values, behaviours and competencies in the day-to-day activity and the culture of the Trust
- lead on the development of assets, packages, learner management system learner integration with website and learner tracking to ensure a smooth learner experience, from digital front door to ongoing learning, by using the most relevant authoring tools and LMS course design approaches
- Support and where appropriate, lead the commissioning/procurement for suppliers for digital learning solutions and resources to meet the digital learning strategy
- Provide support to senior learning designer, learning platforms specialist and head of digital learning in delivery of digital learning products, developing business plans, robust business cases, proposals, project plans and reports using expert and proven knowledge and skills
- Assist with the continued development of a strategic approach to digital learning and including how the department interprets internal and external strategic drivers, and the marketplace for digital learning.
EDUCATION, LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT
- Act as an advocate of digital learning in support of the Education and Learning Strategy and Trusts strategies, championing best practice, and influencing key business decisions to ensure the effective development of staff through the fair, efficient and pragmatic application of best practice.
- Work with trainers and subject matter experts to promote blended and digital learning approaches and build awareness and capability in designing and leveraging digital learning.
- Lead the digital learning teams close working with subject matter experts internally and externally to develop digital learning solutions and resources that meet workforce needs
- Support proposal developments for sales and grant business to generate new business
- Support the commissioning/procurement process for digital learning suppliers for meet business needs
- Support senior learning designer, learning platforms specialist and head of digital learning in project managing the full development lifecycle of digital and blended learning training programmes and their related assessment, including the design, development and delivery of resources, courses, materials, activities and skills evaluations that meet guidelines and agreed standards
- Support senior learning designer to work with subject matter experts to gather content, advise on design, learning planning and technical development to meet the learning needs of a range of learners
- Work with colleagues, subject matter experts and stakeholders to ensure the learning needs of all customers are met with a multi-professional approach
- Work closely with the learning platforms specialist to ensure full use of learning platforms functionality to manage learners accesses and continued use
- Support, and liaise with, the media production team to deliver synchronous learning sessions through webinar platforms as required
- Ensure integration of the learning platform is optimised with other systems used within the department.
- Contribute to quality assurance processes for the department, ensuring that data reporting and analysis, project tracking is provided in an accurate and timely manner, and action/development plans are initiated as required
STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT AND MANAGEMENT
- Engage with key internal stakeholders, including subject matter experts and colleagues within the department, to support deliverables of the digital learning strategy
- Ensure good working relationships, including supporting contract management where necessary, between the department and digital learning providers
RESPONSIBILITY FOR FINANCIAL AND PHYSICAL RESOURCES
- Support the departments senior leadership to devise, deliver and monitor/evaluate annual targets
- Support procurement of digital learning suppliers in line with Trust Procurement policy and legislative requirements
- Provide regular reports to head of digital learning to update the departments senior leadership team
RESEARCH AND PRACTICE
- Provide advice and expertise in the identification of technology tools used to optimise development of digital learning
- Support the senior instructional designer and head of digital learning with advice/expertise in digital development by contributing to interpretation of the market and learner feedback
- Participate in the digital learning quality assurance framework ensuring working closely with the research and development team to evaluate delivery of learning
- Ensure that staff awareness of digital learning opportunities is continually improving and that all stakeholders receive excellent customer service.
- Promote evidence-based practice, lifelong learning and support staff in professional development of delivering digital learning. with emphasis on individual responsibility for personal development
- Maintain own professional practice
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).