Consultant Clinical Psychologist (Neuropsychiatry / SCAAND)
South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
An opportunity to lead, manage and plan the delivery of a highly specialist psychology and psychotherapy service to the Neuropsychiatry & Challenging Behaviour Team (Neuropsychiatry Team) within N&S CAMHS Service for Complex Autism & Associated Neurodevelopmental Disorders (SCAAND) and personally provide expert clinical input.
Career Progression pathways and development opportunities:
We are committed to get the very best out of our staff and support staff in their career aspirations. We have career pathways available, where you will be able to develop your skills and build on your experience to progress into other roles across different specialties. For this role, we offer career pathways to more senior clinical and management positions. In addition, we offer ongoing training and development in advanced clinical practice and team and service management skills.
Professional development opportunities:
We are keen to support and enable staff to access opportunities in training and development to develop skills and build on experiences and are strongly encouraged and supported by the SCAAND service. The service supports development of knowledge and skills relevant for specialist practice and research and has worldwide leading experts in research in the neurodevelopmental field.
Main duties of the job
To lead, manage and plan the delivery of a highly specialist psychology service to the Neuropsychiatry & Challenging Behaviour Team (Neuropsychiatry Team) within N&S CAMHS Service for Complex Autism & Associated Neurodevelopmental Disorders (SCAAND) and personally provide expert clinical input.
This includes leadership in the areas of team planning, organisation and delivery of clinical services; financial planning and business development; audit, QI, service evaluation and research; and helping the team to provide a high quality service to a wide range of clients from diverse backgrounds.
As one of the few Trusts in London we are proud to offer flexible working as part of our new ways of working, and we are happy to talk flexible working at the interview stage. In this role you will be able to work Monday to Friday in the time frames from 8 AM to 6 PM, giving you the very best of good work life balance.
The Neuropsychiatry Team is a supportive multi-disciplinary team comprising Consultant Psychiatrists, Clinical Psychologists and Assistants, an Occupational Therapist and Speech and Language Therapist, an NAS Specialist Consultant Teacher and both a Team Administrator and an Administrator with Assistant Psychologist Duties. There are close links with the 3 other streams within the SCAAND service, as well as opportunities for collaboration with other National & Specialist and district CAMHS teams within SLaM.
About our location:
This permanent post within the Neuropsychiatry Team is currently based at the Michael Rutter Centre for Children and Young People, on the Maudsley Hospital site in South London. In the Autumn of 2023, we will be moving to the new purpose-built Pears Maudsley Children and Young People's Centre building on the Maudsley site.
Our Trust headquarters is located at Denmark Hill less than 5 minutes from the train station (zone 2) and is within walking distance from the beautiful green spaces of Ruskin park and the vibrant high-street that offers great shopping opportunities and with a wide range of restaurants.
The team are currently working a mix of both on site and remote working from home. The role will require travel to clients in the community e.g., home visits, schools or community bases as appropriate and across the Trust and nationally when required.
- To lead, manage and plan the delivery of a highly specialist psychology service to the Neuropsychiatry & Challenging Behaviour Team (Neuropsychiatry Team) within N&S CAMHS Service for Complex Autism & Associated Neurodevelopmental Disorders (SCAAND) and personally provide expert clinical input.
- To be responsible to the CAMHS Professional Head of Psychology and Psychotherapy, and to the Psychology Lead for N&S CAMHS Outpatients for the monitoring and implementation of professional standards in the practice of applied psychology and psychotherapy in the Neuropsychiatry Service and for the systematic and effective provision of professional supervision.
- To contribute to enabling other staff, service users and carers from diverse backgrounds to flourish by working to create a psychologically safe environment.
- To ensure the conduct of research, service evaluation and audits relevant to the Neuropsychiatry Team/SCAAND and the CAMHS Clinical Academic Group (CAG)/Directorate research agenda
- To be responsible for the good clinical governance, quality and appropriateness of the work of psychologists in the Neuropsychiatry Team, SCAAND.
- To work as an autonomous professional within BPS and HCPC guidelines and codes of conduct, and guided by principles and policies or procedures, and interpret these and be responsible for their implement ion within the service area of responsibility.
Understanding and Knowledge
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).