PA/Project Manager to Dental Senior leadership Team
Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
To provide efficient and comprehensive administrative and personal assistant service to the Clinical Director Dental, Assistant Clinical Director Dental and Operational Manager Dental.
To provide effective project support and implementation to assist the BPDS strategic planning.
Be able to manage and ensure delivery of a range of programmes and projects working predominately within broad procedural guidelines using personal initiative and judgment under the supervision of the Dental Senior Leadership Team (DSLT).
To undertake as required a broad range of project work at times requiring the production of reports and recommendations meeting necessary deadlines
To ensure appropriate administration support for BPDS.
To directly line manage the countywide administration team for BPDS
The post holder is required to work autonomously as appropriate, and is required to exercise personal initiative and independent judgment
Main duties of the job
Duties include staff management of all dental administration staff to include PA to ACD, Corporate Administrator and Team Administrators. Directly responsible for the human resources responsibility such as undertaking appraisal and agreeing personal development plans, invoking HR policies.
- Line management of dental administration staff including responsibility for all HR functions of same staff in accordance with MKCHS policies
- To recognise when a problem exists, define its parameters and devise a solution
- Communicate to the DSLT on matters concerning the day to day running of the service
- Ensure adequate admin cover across BPDS at all times
- Develop administrative policies and protocols relevant to the Dental Service
- Be the lead for Health roster, SBS and Information requests for BPDS
Milton Keynes Community Health Services is committed to providing quality health & social care services, tailored to the needs of individuals, public & private organizations, delivered close to home. Our services are designed to increase well being & provide opportunities for recovery. We want our employees to feel valued, challenged & supported.
Our commitment as an employer & in accordance with the NHS constitution is to provide you with:
- Clear roles and responsibilities and a rewarding job so that you can make a difference to patients, their families and carer's and communities.
- Personal development, access to appropriate training for your job and line management support to succeed.
- Support and opportunities to maintain your health, well-being and safety and an environment free from harassment, bullying or violence.
- A good working environment with flexible working opportunities, consistent with the needs of patients and with the way that people live their lives.
- Fair treatment that is free from discrimination.
- Opportunities to engage in decisions that affect you and the services you provide, individually, through representative organisations and through local partnership working arrangements.
- Opportunities to enable you to be empowered to put forward ways to deliver better and safer services for patients and their families.
(Reference NHS Constitution January 2009)
To provide an excellent and comprehensive Project Manager, Administrative and Personal Assistant service to the Senior Leadership team, Bucks Priority Dental Service. The post holder is the main point of contact for Bucks Priority Dental Service.
To liaise with a range of external bodies to include; other NHS bodies Milton Keynes Council, Local Hospitals, General Dental and Medical Practitioners, Voluntary groups, Commissioners etc
Effectively communicate in the management of complex financial and general enquiries from staff and clients, some of which may be sensitive and contentious
Advise and reassure patients and the general public on dental service information via different mediums such as phone and email and give guidance on the complaints procedure
Provide information and explanation of service availability, service provision and procedures for obtaining treatment on a regular basis to the general public and outside agencies such as NHS Direct, PALS and nursing homes
To minute specific meetings, prepare and manage agendas and to be main point of contact for dissemination of papers as required.
To support key strategic developments and provide some support on new projects, preparing presentations and reports as necessary.
Production of reports, correspondence and document using Microsoft Office suite to an advanced level.
Be fully conversant with a wide variety of administrative procedures in use within the Service and to be able to switch between them whilst maintaining accuracy at all times
To maintain an up to date and comprehensive filing system.
To maintain a high level of confidentiality and to be politically astute.
To liaise with other secretaries within both BPDS and MKCHS corporate office, providing assistance, feedback and support as necessary.
Ensure appropriate and timely secretarial and admin support available for clinical staff including the Clinical Director in order to maximise the clinical capacity of those staff
Maintain a good understanding of dental terminology and provision in the NHS so that able to assist in the production of specialist correspondence.
To clearly demonstrate the ability to be flexible and to undertake training as necessary and take a pro-active approach to managing own personal development.
Any other appropriate duties according to the needs of BPDS in accordance with the grading criteria applicable at the time.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).