Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
To carry out dental nursing duties to include assisting the dental clinician (e.g. Dentists, Dental Therapist/Hygienist) in treating Special Care and Paediatric patients. The postholder will also be required to assist patients within Secure Units.
- Maintain high standards in Infection Prevention Control
Assist the patient on their treatment journey
Main duties of the job
- Ensure that the surgery is welcoming and prepared for the type of patient and treatment planned.
- Provide chair-side assistance to the clinician to include treating special care patients with learning and/or physical disabilities, patients with complex medical conditions, diagnosed Mental Health conditions, anxious children and adults, acting under the supervision and direction of the clinician.
- Assist in the provision of dental treatment on a domiciliary basis.
- (Following training) assist in the provision of dental treatment under Inhalation sedation.
- (Following training) to assist in the provision of dental care under general anaesthesia.
May be required to assist when carrying our screenings or epidemiological surveys including any related duties to support this
Central and North West London NHS Trust expects all staff to act in a way which shows you understand our core values and are willing to put them into practice with service users, family and carers, and also other staff members.
We expect you to show COMPASSION, contribute to a caring and kind environment and recognise that what you do and say helps can make the lives of others better
We expect you to RESPECT everyone and acknowledge and welcome people's differences rather than ignore them or see them as problematic.
We expect you to EMPOWER others and continually try to provide information, resources and support to help others make their own decisions and meet their own needs.
We expect you to work in PARTNERSHIP and behave in a way that shows that you recognise that commissioners and users of our services are the people who generate and pay for our work
- Responsible for general preparation and organisation of the surgery and the correct function of clinical equipment.
- Maintain high standards Infection Prevention Control.
- Ensure safe disposal of sharps and clinical waste.
- Constantly interpret the needs of patients, carers and clinicians and be able to deal with them promptly and efficiently.
- Work within the framework of National Guidance, Trust Policies and Service Local Operating Procedures.
- Assist the clinician with the completion of patient records, including the use of a computerised system.
- Empathetic manner required to provide reassurance and support for patients during their treatment.
- Calm and reassure patients who exhibit challenging behaviour.
- Carry out clerical duties associated with the running of the clinic, i.e. appointment making, answering telephone calls and general enquiries, collection of mail, taking and accounting of monies received as necessary.
- Undertake specific duties delegated by the Clinicians, Senior management team and Dental Nurse Manager.
- May include stores/stock control duties at specified clinic as required
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).