Registered Practitioner - CAMHS - Band 5
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
Would you like to join our service during a really exciting time?
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS FT Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) has been awarded a large investment to increase the offer we can deliver to the children and young people within Gloucestershire.
This is an exciting opportunity for either newly qualified mental health practitioners, or someone wishing to learn new skills and knowledge to enable them to work with children and young people with mental health needs.
The CAMHS Team work in a busy and dynamic environment, and we pride ourselves in delivering high quality compassionate care to children and young people, while protecting and promoting staff well-being and development.
We are looking for:
- An enthusiastic and committed mental health clinician to join our community based, multi-disciplinary team.
- A good knowledge of the mental health difficulties experienced by children and young people, and an understanding of the therapies and other interventions used in treatment.
- The successful candidate will have opportunities to be involved in mental health assessment, care coordination, developing their treatment skills and working with multiagency partners.
- The post holder will hold a professional health or social care qualification and be able to demonstrate a current registration with a regulated professional body/ organisation: NMC, HCPC, SWE etc.
Main duties of the job
What we can offer you is:
- A generous relocation package (subject to eligibility assessment)
- Flexible working options
- Protected training time
- Protected supervision - We ensure that all our staff have clinical supervision for a minimum of 1 hour protected time every month
- You will be allocated a mentor, a staff member at Band 6 and above and also a buddy who is a Band 5.
- All clinicians are supported with monthly case management and have a clear job plan which is regularly reviewed.
- We have regular team meetings, working within a multi-disciplinary approach.
- Great career prospects - stay with us and we can develop your career
- We know that taking up your first job as a registered professional is both exciting and scary. That's why we've set up our Preceptorship Program, to help you get the very best start. Your transition from student to registered practitioner is one of the biggest leaps you will ever make in your professional career.
The Trust aims to recruit and retain the best possible staff who, through the application of their skills, qualification and experience, will make a positive contribution to our business of providing quality health care services. It is the Trust's view that the costs associated with moving house in order to take up a post with us should not restrict our ability to recruit the excellent people we need; therefore, we support staff to relocate with our relocation policy.
This post requires the post holder to be able to undertake all statutory and mandatory training and post holders must be able to undertake physical interventions. Fitness for physical intervention will be assessed by Occupational Health.
A valid UK driving licence plus the use of own transport for business purposes is essential. For qualifying staff the Trust has a Lease Car Scheme in place and also offers a popular Salary Sacrifice Car Scheme with our partner Tusker.
To ensure you fully understand how the Trust, as a Data Controller, will process and store your data please read the attached document 'Applicant and Staff Privacy Notice' prior to applying for the role.
Candidates for any staff appointment shall, when making application, disclose in writing to the Trust whether they are related to any governor. Failure to disclose such a relationship may disqualify a candidate and, if appointed, may render them liable to dismissal.
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust are proud to have been recognised as a Veteran Aware Trust, evidencing the provision of the best care for Veterans and driving to improve the care for veterans and their families. Find out more about this by clicking on the link at the right-hand side, titled Veterans Covenant Healthcare Alliance.
At Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust, we are supportive of the people we care for in the community and aim to provide a fully responsive service to everyone who needs it. This is the same approach we take for our employees. We look to value the skills and experiences of those we work with, whether they are service users, carers, families or those looking to work with us.
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust is part of the NHS. We treat NHS patients according to NHS principles and standards. The difference is the Trust is accountable to local people, rather than to Government, and so we are able to work closely with our community to develop services in the way that best suits the needs of local people.
ability to drive
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).