Divisional Finance Manager
Ashford & St. Peter's Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
Ashford and St. Peters Hospitals NHS Trust is a £400m Acute NHS Foundation Trust, the largest provider of acute hospital services in Surrey. We are looking for a CCAB qualified, experienced Divisional Finance Manager to join the Financial Management Team.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Financial Management, the post holder will work as part of the Financial Management team. The role is required to provide financial advice and analysis to support the divisional management teams and facilitate decision making. The post holder will work as part of the Management Accounting team with line management of up to 2 team members and will be responsible for the Corporate divisions, assisting with other divisions as required.
Interview Date: 19th June 2023
Main duties of the job
You will be an enthusiastic and conscientious qualified accountant with significant post qualification experience, with good communication skills both verbal and written. We are looking for a dynamic business advisor, who can demonstrate strategic and forward thinking and a proven record of business partnering with operational managers. The successful candidate could have either the NHS or a commercial background, but must have an understanding of the issues facing the NHS and a strong background in month end reporting, budgeting and forecasting.
The post holder is expected to advise the divisional directors and senior operational staff in understanding the financial allocation of resources and associated commercial implications. This will include financial planning, budget setting, ongoing forecasting and variance analysis, as well as providing appropriate training to budget holders through formal training events.
You should have a passion for providing an exemplary service to the team and ultimately the patients, and have a strong sense of personal responsibility and achievement. As an organisation, we offer opportunities for training and development, access to the NHS Pension Scheme, opportunities for flexible and remote working as well as on-site childcare provisions (nursery).
Ashford and St. Peters Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust serves a population of more than 410,000 people living in North-West Surrey, parts of Hounslow and beyond.
Over 3,700 highly trained doctors, nurses, midwives, therapists, healthcare scientists and other support staff make up our workforce, providing a wide range of services across our two hospital sites, Ashford, Ashford, Surrey and St Peter's, Chertsey, Surrey.
We also run many specialist clinics in the community and local community hospitals and other healthcare facilities.
Our vision is to be one of the best healthcare Trusts in the country. There has never been a better time to join us in the NHS at Ashford & St Peters Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust with our strong commitment to staff health and wellbeing. We are committed to providing continuous professional development, staff benefits and flexibility to shape our workforce around our patient care.
Please see the supporting links which you can find on the right-hand side of this job advert. There is guidance on how to make an application on NHS Jobs as well as more information about joining the ASPH Team
Although it isn't the Trusts normal practice, adverts may close early, so applicants are encouraged to submit an application as soon as possible.
The postholder will:
- Provide a key role in the leadership and the development of a financial performance management and business planning function that supports various business areas to deliver against strategic objectives by ensuring the production of timely and accurate data.
- The post holder will need to drive change in the organisation, provide vision and proactively engage with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the finance function can meet the challenges of a Trust which aspires to be one of the leading healthcare providers in the country.
- The post holder will need to provide expert financial leadership in the development and delivery of information management tools (including SLR), processes and systems to enable the successful delivery of the Trust financial objectives.
- The post holder will be required to undertake complex financial modelling and options appraisal for a variety of projects which may be cross divisional in nature.
- Provide financial advice and analysis necessary to allow the Trust management to assess financial progress and undertake decisions. The post holder will work as part of the Divisional Accounting Team.
- Plan and coordinate budget setting process for assigned divisions to ensure completion in line with the planned timetable.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and reports within tight deadlines for reporting to Modern Healthcare Committee, Trust Board and NHS Improvement.
- The post holder is expected to advise the Trust Directors and senior staff in understanding the financial allocation of resources and associated risks. Also provide on-going management support to Directors and senior managers in terms of budgets, service developments and financial constraints.
- Ensure that appropriate training is provided to budget holders through formal training events. Also to ensure that all transactions adhere to Trust Standing Orders, Standing Financial Instructions, Scheme of Delegation and policies and procedures