Job Ref: IM&TS 026
Salary Scale: Band 7 (£43,742 - £50,056 depending on experience)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 6 Months
The post-holder is the leading role pertaining to managing team related projects. These projects are both local and national initiatives/agenda related, ensuring that the OUH and Service Level Agreements are either met or exceeded.
Main duties of the job
The post-holder will be expected to prepare and maintain project and quality plans, track activities against the plan, and provide regular and accurate reports to clients and users, in addition to line management as appropriate.
The post-holder will also be responsible for estimating costs, timescales and resource requirements for the successful completion of each project to agreed terms of reference. Ongoing commitments include monitoring costs, timescales and resources used, taking action where these deviate from agreed tolerances, and ensuring that delivered systems are implemented within these criteria.
Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trustis one of the largest NHS teaching trusts in the country. It provides a wide range of general and specialist clinical services and is a base for medical education, training and research. Find out more here www.ouh.nhs.uk
The Trust comprises four hospitals - the John Radcliffe Hospital, Churchill Hospital and Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre in Headington and the Horton General Hospital in Banbury.
Our values, standards and behaviours define the quality of clinical care we offer and the professional relationships we make with our patients, colleagues and the wider community. We call thisDelivering Compassionate Excellenceand its focus is on our values of compassion, respect, learning, delivery, improvement and excellence. These values put patients at the heart of what we do and underpin the quality healthcare we would like for ourselves or a member of our family. Watch how we set out to deliver compassionate excellence via theOUH YouTube channel
24 November 2023
Agenda for change
£43,742 to £50,056 a year
per annum pro rata
Across all sites at OUH
Information Management and Technology Services (IM&T Services) provide support to Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust users as well as to several other Health organisations across Oxfordshire. This involves supporting over 13,000 workstations and printers, circa 18,000 staff users of systems, and over 1200 servers (over 85% virtual). During 2022, IM&T Services responded to 122,000 calls and were involved in multiple projects.
- Defines documents and safely executes small-scale projects, actively participating in all phases of the project. Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project.
- Estimates costs, timescales and resource requirements for the successful completion of each project to agreed terms of reference.
- Prepares and maintains project and quality plans and tracks activities against the plan, providing regular and accurate reports to client/user and line management as appropriate.
- Monitors costs, timescales and resources used, and takes action where these deviate from agreed tolerances. Ensures that delivered systems are implemented within these criteria.
- Manages the change control procedure gaining agreement for revisions to the project from project sponsors.
- Provides effective leadership to the project team ensuring that team members are motivated and developing their skills and experience.
PLEASE REFER TO THE ATTACHED JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION FOR THE FULL LIST OF MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES.
Communication & Relationship skills
- Highly proficient and experienced with using most common technological mode/mediums of communications
- Highly proficient and experienced at disseminating information efficiently, accuracy and timely
- Highly articulate ability to communicate/relate appropriately to various professional groups both within and outside the Trust
- Highly Proficient at communicating complex technical issues, simply and understandably to a non technical audience
- Expert level pertaining to logistically planning and resource management
- Expert level of concept modelling and mental virtual delivery
- Solid and confident communication (spoken and written) ability/skills
- Professional ability and dexterity to document accurately and efficiently
- Strong use and ability, of both verbal and written use of the English language
- Professional ability to write clear reports and present business cases
- Ability to plan organise and delegate to junior members of the technical teams
- Highly proficient, confident manner and ability to apply/relay Trust Policies to Customers
- Expert level of technical knowledge, skill and ability that generates, customer/audience confidence
- Thorough (and on occasions, complete) understanding of different NHS customers and supplier organisations business delivery sensitivity and criticalities
- Solid presentation, mentoring and training skills
Knowledge & Skills
- Extensive specialised Expert Technical ability in Design and Planning: Defining and writing system requirements
- Extensive specialised Expert Technical ability in Design and Planning: Back Office, Network & Security system/application procurement
- Extensive specialised Expert Technical ability in Design and Planning: Managing and controlling large documents, depositories of information
- Extensive specialised Expert Technical ability in Design and Planning: Multi-layer Project Management
- Extensive specialised Expert Technical ability in Design and Planning: Industry recognised Project management methodology
- Extensive specialised Expert Technical ability in Design and Planning: Project Management software modelling software/tool sets
- Extensive specialised Expert Technical ability in Design and Planning: Workflow and Process Engineering
- Extensive specialised Expert Technical ability in Design and Planning: Cause and effect, cascade dynamics
- Extensive specialised Expert Technical ability in Design and Planning: Report writing and information dissemination
- Extensive specialised Expert Technical ability in Design and Planning: Work Package creation and delivery
- Extensive specialised Expert Technical ability in Design and Planning: Workload management and organisation
- Working Proficiency and understanding of: Back Office, Network & Security topologies, technologies and solution integration
- "Focus and Vision" solutions delivery
- "Task resolution" Management and delivery
- Constraints Management
- Organisational Structure design and dismantle
- Working Proficiency and understanding of: NHS Local and National standard/policies pertaining to IM&T
- Working Proficiency and understanding of: Service Now Demand Management
- Expert level of Project Management leadership experience, knowledge and ability
- "Project" orientated leadership track record, skills in driving and successfully delivering to time and budget whole projects or subset tasks within a project
- Project Management of technical related projects that delivered to either a National or International objective for a large national or multi national organisation/company
- Experience in working within a large organisation's, highly technical IT infrastructure related support team environment
- Experience in an ICT related customer focussed service delivery environment
- Experience in leading and delivering high quality productivity and performance of a small group in a highly pressurised and demanding organisations core team service
- Experience of working for the NHS or Government related services
- GCSE 'C' grade or equivalent in English and Maths of Appropriate qualification in a relevant subject
- ICT Industry standard qualification or training certification in one or more of the following technologies/products. ?Prince ?Server or Networking ?Microsoft Office Word, Excel ?Project Management software (Microsoft Project)
- Clean driving licence with access to own transport
- Professional commitment to resolving faults that occur outside of normal working hours that severely impact clinical or non clinical service delivery
- Positive, Enthusiastic attitude and a strong work/team ethic
- Highly self motivated, diligent and industrious
- Ability to work under/within a highly pressurised environment
- Experience of mediation and tactful skill/approach
- Highly Proficient logical, analytical skill and ability. Complimented with an acute attention to detail
- Timely decision-making, punctual and able to work to deadlines
- Strong skill and ability to manage and organise personal workload and demand in a cohesive, efficient, timely and productive manner
- Discretion and confidentiality relating to corporate information and data
- Advanced problem solver
- Accustomed to consistent, post related interruptions
- Proficient motor neuron skills when using standard/specialist IT tools or components
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).