Directorate Personal Assistant: Diagnostics
Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
There is an opportunity to join Oxford University Hospitals as a team Personal Assistant for the Diagnostics Directorates (Radiology, Pathology and Labs). The roll provides a comprehensive administrative and secretarial service to support the Directorate Senior Management Team (Clinical Director's and Operational Services Manager) in the day-to-day management, organisation and administration of the Directorate.
Main duties of the job
- To manage the day to day running of the Diagnostics Directorate Management Senior Management Team offices in a confidential, effective and efficient manner. To ensure enquiries are directed to the appropriate person and/or department and followed up appropriately.
- To ensure the provision of PA and administrative services to the Clinical Director (CD) Pathology & Laboratories, Clinical Director (CD) Radiology & Imaging and the Operational Services Manager (OSM) (senior management team).
- To act as the interface for the senior management team, with the discretion to act on behalf of the Executive Team within broad parameters and policies as directorate
- To effectively manage the Diagnostic Administration team, Interventional Radiology administration team and John Radcliffe Radiology Secretary.
- To liaise with members of the directorates, division, clinicians, managers and clinical staff and other external organisations for and behalf of the senior management team.
- To promote the corporate image of the Directorates in both internal and external contacts.
- To support and work alongside the Operational Services Manager and Governance Leads to ensure that the Directorates have a robust clinical governance structure in place and that the CQC, ISAS, CPA, ISO and other regulatory systems are kept up to date and monitored
Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trustis one of the largest NHS teaching trusts in the country. It provides a wide range of general and specialist clinical services and is a base for medical education, training and research. Find out more herewww.ouh.nhs.uk
The Trust comprises of four hospitals - theJohn Radcliffe Hospital,Churchill HospitalandNuffield Orthopaedic Centrein Headington and theHorton General Hospitalin Banbury.
Oxford University Hospitals, NHS Foundation Trust
John Radcliffe Hospital- Pharmacy and Sterile Services Directorate
The post holder requires excellent organisational skills, must be flexible in approach, able to exercise initiative and demonstrate a consistently high standard of professionalism, being aware of the need for confidentiality and integrity. Fundamental to this post is the ability to multi-task and effectively manage stressful situations working to tight deadlines. To take decisions in the absence of the senior management team and to facilitate the operational function of the Directorate and to ensure service effectiveness is not compromised.
All details in the Job description
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).