Capital Project Manager
University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
Working within the Estates & Facilities Directorate, you will be part of the Capital team responsible for the delivery of a range of comprehensive projects across the Trust's estates of any value as required.
The post holder will have relevant experience at managing capital schemes from concept to completion within the healthcare environment. They will be; responsive, efficient, financially effective and manage all scheme to a high standard.
Main duties of the job
The Capital Project Manager - Capital Projects is a key member of the Capital Projects
Team and is responsible for supporting the Head of Capital Projects - Capital Projects in the varied aspects of the role, particularly concerning:
- Act as a scheme manager to design and manage multi-disciplinary construction/building services procurement projects for the Trust, including where appropriate those elements outside the core skills of the role
- To lead on and undertake defined schemes both within and outside of the PFI contract directed by the Head of Capital Projects - Capital Projects
- Provide specialist knowledge within the department for reference across all projects and the Trust's estate
- To totally design, implement and project manage schemes from inception through to completion. This will include all aspects of the project such as all building services, data, telephones and building work, inclusive of decoration, flooring and the procurement of furniture & fitments as appropriate. Appoint specific advisors or specialist support where required
- To carry out 'value for money' exercises and technical appraisals on projects and proposals from third parties for individual schemes and hospital developments
- Select, employ and manage external consultant design teams including briefing and monitoring performance
Closing date of applications: 20 December 2023
Interview date: 03 January 2024
As a trusted organisation at the heart of our communities, we recognise the important role we can play in supporting the public, patients, our own people and local partners in achieving the best of health for the local population and the communities in which they live by providing Exceptional Care Together
Our fundamental Values of Compassion, Openness and Excellence underpin how we intend to work as a Trust and the associated behaviours are becoming embedded in all aspects of how we work.
In return we will offer:
- Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development
- On-going support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond.
- A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key Facts about our Trust:
- We see on average 4810 OP appointments per day.
- We are the 4th busiest Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients department in England - an average of 2077 per week.
- An average of 1115 patients are seen in A&Es across our network every day - 3rd largest in the country.
- Our hospitals admit an average of 195 emergency patients daily.
- Last year we undertook almost 33,700 planned surgical operations in our 57 operating theatres.
- We are one of only 7 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres.
- We carry out more than 140 elective procedures each working day.
Please see attached Job description and Person Specification. To apply please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account.