Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
An exciting opportunity has arisen on Ward 4 at Wansbeck General Hospital. We require an enthusiastic, highly motivated 1st level registered nurse to join our team.
Ward 4 is a 25 bedded orthogeriatric ward. There is a strong focus on multi-disciplinary care to ensure safe and effective patient discharges or transfer to the appropriate place of care.
The successful candidate will be expected to work as part of a dynamic nursing team delivering all aspects of care to patients. Previous experience in a similar setting is desirable, but not essential. The post will be fully rotational day/night duty and cover seven days a week.
A wide range of clinical experience will be gained on this ward, with scope for staff development. You should be committed to working effectively as part of a multi-professional team and have excellent communication skills.
Main duties of the job
The main purpose of the role is to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care working as a member of the multidisciplinary team under the supervision of the Ward Manager.
You will also be responsible for the organising and co-ordination of the nursing services in the absence of senior staff and to maintain high clinical standards.
The successful post holder must be able to role model compassionate and inclusive leadership in order to shape the creation of a collective leadership culture within the Trust.
All newly qualified staff, staff returning to practice after an extended break or staff working for the NHS for the first time, will be expected to undertake the Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust Preceptorship Programme. This is a level 6 Accredited Work Based Learning Programme delivered in association with Northumbria University and full participation is mandatory.
We manage three major locality hospitals at North Tyneside, Wansbeck and Hexham, plus a number of smaller community hospitals and clinics from Tynemouth to Berwick on Tweed, in addition to our state-of-the-art Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care Hospital, the first of its kind in England. We also care for people in their homes and provide services from facilities in local communities such as health centres. We give people greater choice and control over their care to help them to live independently at home and avoid hospital admission where appropriate. High quality patient care is at the heart of everything we do and we strive to ensure every single patient and service user has an exceptional experience with us. We have one of the most extensive patient experience programmes of any trust in England.
- To assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care working as a member of the ward team under the direction of the Ward Manager.
- To be responsible for the organising and co-ordination of nursing services in the ward/dept in the absence of senior staff on a regular basis.
- To exercise accountability as set out in the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
- To be responsible for all nursing care standards and to maintain high clinical standards.
- To role model compassionate and inclusive leadership in order to shape the creation of a collective leadership culture within the trust. This means demonstrating a consistent leadership style which (a) engages, enables and empowers others (b) uses coaching to promoteownership of learning and quality improvement and (c) facilitates team working and collaboration within teams / departments and across organisational boundaries.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).