Medical Device Trainer/ Practitioner (Community Equipment)
Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work in the role as training practitioner with Northumbria Healthcare. This is a temporary 1 year fixed term opportunity
The post holder will work closely with the Learning and Development service, the Northumberland and North Tyneside equipment and loans services and various staff groups across Northumberland and North Tyneside.
The post holder will require a working knowledge and experience of assessing for, recommending and fitting the full range of equipment options provided by the equipment loans stores.
Main duties of the job
- Development and delivery of comprehensive training packages relating to the equipment available from the Equipment and Loans services.
- Development and delivery of comprehensive training packages, as requested by specific staff groups and teams to meet individual and team needs.
- Offer support to practitioners with complex situations to assess, research and recommend suitable equipment/medical device solutions.
We manage three major locality hospitals at North Tyneside, Wansbeck and Hexham, plus a number of smaller community hospitals and clinics from Tynemouth to Berwick on Tweed, covering one of the largest geographical areas of any NHS trust in the country. Leading in innovation and quality opening a state of the art Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care Hospital, the first of its kind in England. Do you want to work in one of the best performing NHS organisations in England? Work in an organisation that supports its staff and focuses on staff experience as much as it does the experience of its patients? You can live and breathe in an area that has the cleanest air, cost effective living, great nightlife, some of the best schools with a wealth of history available on your doorstep. Sound too good to be true? Well it isnt, this is what you get when you work for Northumbria Healthcare, this is the Northumbria Way! Please read applicant guidance notes before submitting your application.
- To develop appropriate training packages and deliver training sessions on thescope and use of standard Community Medical Devices to CSBU staff inNorthumberland and North Tyneside.
- To provide competency based training to initially introduce staff to the range ofcommunity equipment used and support with updated training needs.
- Assist in the provision of a specialised service of training, advice and supportregarding Community Medical Devices.
- To contributing to the reduction of Medical Device incidents across the CSBUincreasing the safety of service users and staff.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. The UK Visas and Immigration department requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (opens in a new window). From 6 April 2017, Tier 2 skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) will also be subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal Records Checks For Overseas Applicants (opens in a new window).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
15 March 2021
Agenda for change
£31,365 to £37,890 a year