Registered Dental Nurse
The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
This is an opportunity to join an established team, on a Full Time contract , providing support to and working alongside; Qualified dental staff within the Restorative Department.
Specialty services include , Complex Restorative treatments, Endodontics, Implants , Special Care, General Anaesthetics , Sedation and Periodontal surgery .
We also provide support throughout the training of both Undergraduate Dental Students and Dental Therapy students. And also Post Graduate Trainees .
- Interview Date: 24th January 2024
- 37 hours 30 minutes /week
- You will be redirected to Trac to apply for the vacancy. Please expand the job details section and read all of the information before applying for the vacancy
Main duties of the job
The role of the Registered Dental Nurse is, to provide high standards of clinical care and support for patients under the care of various staff grades as well as students and trainees. And also the preparation and maintenance of the clinical areas including stocks of materials and equipment and collecting and inputting data into the patient administration system.
Newcastle Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of the busiest, largest and most successful teaching NHS foundation trusts in the country, with over 18,000 staff and an annual income of £1 billion.
We have a long history of providing high quality care, clinical excellence, and innovation in medical research regionally, nationally and internationally.
We're also proud to be the second largest provider of specialised services in the country. This means we support people with a range of rare and complex medical, surgical and neurological conditions, cancers and genetic orders.
Our staff oversee around 1.84 million patients 'contacts' each year, delivering high standards of healthcare.
Please see attached information on what Staff Benefits we have to offer at our Trust.
We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and recognise the benefit in providing an inclusive environment. We value and respect the diversity of our employees and aim to recruit a workforce which reflects the communities we serve, and is equipped to deliver the best service to our patients. We welcome all applications irrespective of people's race, disability, gender, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity and in particular those from under- represented groups.
The role involves the preparation and maintenance of the clinical areas including stocks of materials and equipment and collecting and inputting data into the patient administration system.
- To provide chair-side assistance (including patients being treated under General Anaesthetic) to all grades of dental staff and students working within the dental hospital.
- To prepare all instruments, equipment and materials required for treatment.
- To provide care and support for patients undergoing a variety of treatments.
- To provide pre and post operative instructions and advice, so maintaining a high standard of patient care at all times.
- To ensure patient confidentiality is always upheld.
- To provide administrative assistance with regard to liaising with patients and other external agencies.
- To provide clinical supervision and practical training to student dental nurses and other less experienced staff on a daily basis.
- To ensure that cross infection control, the cleanliness of the department, stock levels and equipment are well maintained.
As a flexible working friendly organisation, we want to be sure that you can work in a way that is best for us and for our patients, and for you. Speak to us about how we might be able to accommodate a flexible working arrangement. If it works for the service, we will do our best to make it work for you.
Please note it is a requirement of The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust that all successful candidates who require a DBS for the post they have been offered pay for their DBS certificate.The method of payment is a salary deduction from your first months pay.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).