Assistant Directorate Accountant
The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
An opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and enthusiastic individual to work within the Financial Management Team. The focus will be in the provision of financial information and analysis to Budget Holders and Senior Finance staff.
- Interview date: 26 June 2023
- 37 hours 30 minutes/week
- You will be redirected to Trac to apply for the vacancy. Please expand the job details section and read all of the information before applying for the vacancy.
Main duties of the job
Will be required to plan activities to ensure that weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial timetables are met.
Responsible for the production of detailed Directorate and/or Departmental pay and non-pay expenditure and non-patient care income budgets.
Newcastle Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of the busiest, largest and most successful teaching NHS foundation trusts in the country, with over 18,000 staff and an annual income of £1 billion.
Rated 'Outstanding' by theCQC for the second consecutive time in 2019, we have a long history of providing high quality care, clinical excellence, and innovation in medical research regionally, nationally and internationally.
We're also proud to be the second largest provider of specialised services in the country. This means we support people with a range of rare and complex medical, surgical and neurological conditions, cancers and genetic orders.
Our staff oversee around 1.84 million patients 'contacts' each year, delivering high standards of healthcare.
We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and recognise the benefit in providing an inclusive environment. We value and respect the diversity of our employees and aim to recruit a workforce which reflects the communities we serve, and is equipped to deliver the best service to our patients. We welcome all applications irrespective of people's race, disability, gender, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity and in particular those from under- represented groups.
- To assist the (Senior) Directorate Accountant in the provision of a high quality financial management service.
- To work closely with the Directorate Management Team, providing timely and accurate financial and supporting information and advice to facilitate the effective monitoring of specific Directorate and Departments specific financial position.
- Production of budgets for specific areas of reporting responsibility.
- To ensure that financial controls are maintained within Corporate Governance guidelines.
Qualifications & Education
Knowledge & Experience
Skills & Abilities
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).