The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
The Regional Neurosciences Centre in Newcastle is one of the top regional units in the UK, providing a comprehensive range of specialist tests, treatments and procedures for a range of neurological conditions involving the brain and nervous system. The Centre is made up of four departments; Neurosurgery, Neurology, Neuroradiology and Neurophysiology.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join the Neurosurgery team at the RVI. The successful candidate will work within a team of administrative staff, providing an efficient secretarial support service to the clinical teams. Applicants should be able to demonstrate excellent communication, organisational and processing skills and have a genuine desire to contribute to providing a quality service for patients.
- Interview Date: 21 June 2023
- 30 hours/week
- You will be redirected to Trac to apply for the vacancy. Please expand the job details section and read all of the information before applying for the vacancy.
Main duties of the job
- The Neurosurgical Service provides a comprehensive range of surgical care and treatment for both adults and children with brain and spinal disorders, including tumours and accidental injury (trauma).
- The administrative support teams provide support to a total of 12 Neurosurgeons, 10 Registrars, a number of Specialist Nurses and a number of ward staff from one day case ward and two in patient wards.
- On a daily basis the post holder with liaise with secretarial teams and Administrative Manager as well as other areas within the Trust and referring hospitals. The post holder is responsible for ensuring case notes and associated paperwork are available for appointments and admissions, along with other office support duties including; filing, sorting of post, referral management, checking scans using PACS/ICE/IEP and any other required duties.
Newcastle Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of the busiest, largest and most successful teaching NHS foundation trusts in the country, with over 18,000 staff and an annual income of £1 billion.
Rated 'Outstanding' by theCQC for the second consecutive time in 2019, we have a long history of providing high quality care, clinical excellence, and innovation in medical research regionally, nationally and internationally.
We're also proud to be the second largest provider of specialised services in the country. This means we support people with a range of rare and complex medical, surgical and neurological conditions, cancers and genetic orders.
Our staff oversee around 1.84 million patients 'contacts' each year, delivering high standards of healthcare.
We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and recognise the benefit in providing an inclusive environment. We value and respect the diversity of our employees and aim to recruit a workforce which reflects the communities we serve, and is equipped to deliver the best service to our patients. We welcome all applications irrespective of people's race, disability, gender, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity and in particular those from under- represented groups.
- Working within a team of administrative staff supporting the provision of an efficient secretarial support service to Consultants, Junior Medical Staff and other clinical staff within their team, i.e. Specialist Nurses
- Deal with telephone enquires promptly.
- Communicate with other departments within the Trust regarding appointments and admissions at the request of medical staff
- Cover admin posts Trust wide as required.
Please note it is a requirement of The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust that all successful candidates who require a DBS for the post they have been offered pay for their DBS certificate.The method of payment is a salary deduction from your first months pay.
As a flexible working friendly organisation, we want to be sure that you can work in a way that is best for us and for our patients, and for you. Speak to us about how we might be able to accommodate a flexible working arrangement. If it works for the service, we will do our best to make it work for you.
Qualifications & Education
Knowledge & Experience
Skills & Abilities
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).