The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
The closing date is 07 June 2023
We have a brand new, exciting opportunity for a Senior Physiotherapist to work within our Motor Neurone Disease (MND) team. You will work with the Advanced Physiotherapist to provide a high standard of physiotherapy care to a complex patient group accessing the regional MND clinic. Please see job description attached for further details.
Applicants should have HCPC registration, have experience working as a Physiotherapist in the NHS providing a broad range of experience, and a keen interest in working with this patient group.
Good time management and organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure are also essential requirements of this post.
The post will be based at the Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne. There will be occasional working across other sites therefore it is essential that the post holder has a full valid driving licence and access to a car. This is a fixed term post for 4 years.
- Interview date: 27 June 2023
- 18 hours 45 minutes/week
- You will be redirected to Trac to apply for the vacancy. Please expand the job details section and read all of the information before applying for the vacancy.
Main duties of the job
- To work as part of the multidisciplinary Motor Neurone Disease team delivering a high standard of physiotherapy care to patients within the speciality area.
- Working in outpatient clinics, inpatient areas and in the community linking with existing local teams. Working with Advanced Physiotherapist to educate patients/ carers and other Healthcare Professionals in the physiotherapy management of MND.
- To be responsible for own continued professional development.
- Maintain a high standard of clinical care, quality improvement and service development.
- Be dynamic, flexible and motivated to drive service improvement.
- Demonstrate a high level of clinical skill, knowledge and communication.
Newcastle Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of the busiest, largest and most successful teaching NHS foundation trusts in the country, with over 18,000 staff and an annual income of £1 billion.
Rated 'Outstanding' by theCQC for the second consecutive time in 2019, we have a long history of providing high quality care, clinical excellence, and innovation in medical research regionally, nationally and internationally.
We're also proud to be the second largest provider of specialised services in the country. This means we support people with a range of rare and complex medical, surgical and neurological conditions, cancers and genetic orders.
Our staff oversee around 1.84 million patients 'contacts' each year, delivering high standards of healthcare.
We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and recognise the benefit in providing an inclusive environment. We value and respect the diversity of our employees and aim to recruit a workforce which reflects the communities we serve, and is equipped to deliver the best service to our patients. We welcome all applications irrespective of people's race, disability, gender, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity and in particular those from under- represented groups.
25 May 2023
Agenda for change
£35,392 to £42,618 a year pro rata
- To provide a high standard of physiotherapy care to a complex patient group accessing the regional MND clinic.
Please note it is a requirement of The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust that all successful candidates who require a DBS for the post they have been offered pay for their DBS certificate.The method of payment is a salary deduction from your first months pay.
As a flexible working friendly organisation, we want to be sure that you can work in a way that is best for us and for our patients, and for you. Speak to us about how we might be able to accommodate a flexible working arrangement. If it works for the service, we will do our best to make it work for you.
Qualifications & Education
- oValid Driving Licence.
- oDegree or Equivalent Diploma in Physiotherapy
- oState Registered with Health & Care Professions Council
- oMember of Chartered Society of Physiotherapists. Involvement in a relevant CSP Clinical Specialist Group e.g., ACPIN, ACPRC, ACPOPC
Knowledge & Experience
- oHave NHS post registration experience including experience of managing patients with neurological conditions.
- oExperience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team Advanced knowledge of a range of medical conditions and their impact on patient's functional abilities.
- oSound knowledge of the physiotherapy process
- oKnowledge of undertaking research and audit projects
- oKnowledge of current NHS issues Previous experience in a Band 6 rotational scheme or Experience of working with patients in a neurological, respiratory or palliative care setting.
- oInvolvement in audit, quality/ service improvement projects.
Skills & Abilities
- oAbility to present information, written and orally in a clear and logical manner
- oGood interpersonal skills.
- oOrganisation, time management and practical application of physiotherapy skills
- oAbility to work as part of a team.
- oExcellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- oEmpathetic and able to adapt communication style depending on patient needs.
- oAble to cope with physical demands of post including using wheelchairs and hoists, therapeutic moving and handling of patients and application of a range of manual therapy techniques
- oIT Skills
- oPresentation Skills
- oSpecialist treatment skills e.g., Bobath, hydrotherapy and respiratory
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
https://careers.nuth.nhs.uk/why-us (Opens in a new tab)
For questions about the job, contact:
The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust's privacy notice (opens in a new tab)