The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
We are currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic, motivated Estates storekeeper to join our Estates Operations team.
The ideal candidate will have a strong team work ethic, excellent customer service skills and an eye for detail.
The Estates storekeeper is part of a small team ensuring that stock integrity is maintained through all stages, from raising purchase requisitions to goods receiving and cycle counts. You will provide support to the maintenance operations teams so that PPM and reactive maintenance tasks can be completed in line with compliance standards.
If you are looking for a new challenge and wish to be part of professional team striving to provide a great service, then we want to hear from you.
Working between the Royal Victoria Infirmary and Freeman Hospital.
Training can be offered to the right candidate.
- Interview Date: 20 June 2023
- 37 hours, 30 minutes/week
- You will be redirected to Trac to apply for the vacancy. Please expand the job details section and read all of the information before applying for the vacancy.
Main duties of the job
- Provide guidance and support on all aspects of stores procurement systems.
- Receive and inspect all incoming materials and reconcile with purchase orders. Store and unpacking of goods into stock using trust software packages - NEP/concept evolution.
- Liaise with a variety of stakeholders via written and verbal communication.
- Attend and serve at the stores counter to meet the requirements of operations staff.
- Maintain inventory management systems and accurate inventory levels.
- Raise purchase requisitions for stock and non-stock items using CAFM software packages.
- Carry out stock taking duties.
- Issuing of stock and PPE equipment.
- Maintain a safe tidy and clean work environment.
- Follow up on any discrepancies or outages.
Newcastle Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of the busiest, largest and most successful teaching NHS foundation trusts in the country, with over 18,000 staff and an annual income of £1 billion.
Rated 'Outstanding' by theCQC for the second consecutive time in 2019, we have a long history of providing high quality care, clinical excellence, and innovation in medical research regionally, nationally and internationally.
We're also proud to be the second largest provider of specialised services in the country. This means we support people with a range of rare and complex medical, surgical and neurological conditions, cancers and genetic orders.
Our staff oversee around 1.84 million patients 'contacts' each year, delivering high standards of healthcare.
We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and recognise the benefit in providing an inclusive environment. We value and respect the diversity of our employees and aim to recruit a workforce which reflects the communities we serve, and is equipped to deliver the best service to our patients. We welcome all applications irrespective of people's race, disability, gender, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity and in particular those from under- represented groups.
25 May 2023
Agenda for change
£22,816 to £24,336 a year per annum
- To assist in delivering a cost-effective Estates stores service to themaintenance operations teams throughout the Newcastle Upon Tyne hospital Trust.
Please note it is a requirement of The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust that all successful candidates who require a DBS for the post they have been offered pay for their DBS certificate.The method of payment is a salary deduction from your first months pay.
As a flexible working friendly organisation, we want to be sure that you can work in a way that is best for us and for our patients, and for you. Speak to us about how we might be able to accommodate a flexible working arrangement. If it works for the service, we will do our best to make it work for you.
- Minimum 1 years' experience gained in a similar role
- Purchasing storekeeping qualification i.e., CIPS (certificate in purchasing and supply)
- Experience gained within the stores or purchasing department of an engineering or building environment.
- Experience of working with computerised stock inventory management systems
- Good understanding of trades within the organisation including plumbing, electrical, mechanical and building
- Experience of working in a team environment.
- IT competence with good keyboard skills
- Knowledge of COSHH, fire safety, manual handling and ladder safety procedures
- Working experience of operating to standards, procedures and policies
- Experience of working in an acute hospital environment
- Current driving licence
- Good communication both orally and in writing with suppliers, Estates management, supervisors, trades staff, finance and audit
- Be willing to undertake any training required to carry out the role safely and effectively
- Manage and react to changing circumstances daily
- Work autonomously with pre-defined parameters
- Use their own initiative to ensure work is undertaken in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Customer focused skills
- Microsoft office/Microsoft outlook
- Microsoft Excel
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
https://careers.nuth.nhs.uk/why-us (Opens in a new tab)
For questions about the job, contact:
Estates Procurement Officer
The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust's privacy notice (opens in a new tab)