The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
The RVI Hospital Catering Department have an exciting opportunity for a full time Catering Supervisor working 37.5 hours 5 days over 7 , working a small team of supervisors directed by a senior supervisor.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full time Catering Supervisor to work as part of the catering team based at the RVI Hospital. You will work on a three week Rota cycle working two weekends out of every three on early and late shifts, the early shifts will be from 6am to 2pm and late shifts from 12.00pm to 20.00pm. also offered is an excellent weekend enhancement package to your pay.
- Interview Date: 8 June 2023
- You will be redirected to Trac to apply for the vacancy. Please expand the job details section and read all of the information before applying for the vacancy.
Main duties of the job
Your main Duties will include:
1. Supervising of catering team of up to 70 staff.
2. Communication between catering, wards and departments.
3. Putting menus through the Catering system and ensure menus are put up for wards.
4. Daily work sheets, rosters and managing overtime, holidays and sickness.
5. Using in house allocate system for pay and holidays.
6. Working in line with Departments HACCP system.
7. Ensuring Department meets all health and Hygiene Regulations.
8. Monitoring of the patient food belt to ensure quality, presentation and the correct food is served to a patient.
9. Interaction with Ward staff.
10. Effective use of resources staffing allocation additional hours etc
11. Conducting staff appraisals, departmental induction, undertake risk assessment training, moving and handling and first aid training.
12. Working with Diet chef to ensure patients dietary needs are met and allergen information is correct.
Knowledge and Experience with a broad range of cooking methods would be an advantage along with been qualified to City & Guilds 706/2 or NVQ Level 3 in Food Preparation and also have Level 2 Food Hygiene qualification, or have the relevant experience in large scale catering
A working supervisory role with responsibilities for a food production/service shift with the emphasis on food hygiene and safety standards, quality control and supervisory management.
Newcastle Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of the busiest, largest and most successful teaching NHS foundation trusts in the country, with over 18,000 staff and an annual income of £1 billion.
Rated 'Outstanding' by theCQC for the second consecutive time in 2019, we have a long history of providing high quality care, clinical excellence, and innovation in medical research regionally, nationally and internationally.
We're also proud to be the second largest provider of specialised services in the country. This means we support people with a range of rare and complex medical, surgical and neurological conditions, cancers and genetic orders.
Our staff oversee around 1.84 million patients 'contacts' each year, delivering high standards of healthcare.
We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and recognise the benefit in providing an inclusive environment. We value and respect the diversity of our employees and aim to recruit a workforce which reflects the communities we serve, and is equipped to deliver the best service to our patients. We welcome all applications irrespective of people's race, disability, gender, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity and in particular those from under- represented groups.
- A working supervisory role with responsibilities for a food production/service shift with the emphasis on food hygiene and safety standards, quality control and supervisory management
Please note it is a requirement of The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust that all successful candidates who require a DBS for the post they have been offered pay for their DBS certificate.The method of payment is a salary deduction from your first months pay.
As a flexible working friendly organisation, we want to be sure that you can work in a way that is best for us and for our patients, and for you. Speak to us about how we might be able to accommodate a flexible working arrangement. If it works for the service, we will do our best to make it work for you.
Qualifications & Education
Knowledge & Experience
Skills & Abilities
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).