Data Impact Manager
The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Data Impact Manager to join our successful and established Programme Management Office based within the IM&T Directorate of Newcastle Upon Tyne Hospitals Trust.
- Interview Date 15/12/2022
- 37 hours 30 minutes/week
- You will be redirected to Trac to apply for the vacancy. Please expand the job details section and read all of the information before applying for the vacancy
Please note it is a requirement of The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust that all successful candidates who require a DBS for the post they have been offered pay for their DBS certificate.The method of payment is a salary deduction from your first month's pay.
Newcastle Hospitals encourages all staff and volunteers who are appointed to join the Trust to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Main duties of the job
We are looking for a committed, energetic, and resilient individual to join our growing multi-disciplinary team.
As our Digital Request Impact Assessment Manager you will work closely with a wide range of stakeholders, both clinical and non-clinical, and also suppliers and health professionals, to analyse and document requirements and solutions to support our online digital tool pathway. Your role will make an important contribution to the delivery of digital transformation and optimisation across the organisation.
Newcastle Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of the busiest, largest and most successful teaching NHS foundation trusts in the country, with over 18,000 staff and an annual income of £1 billion.
Rated 'Outstanding' by theCQC for the second consecutive time in 2019, we have a long history of providing high quality care, clinical excellence, and innovation in medical research regionally, nationally and internationally.
We're also proud to be the second largest provider of specialised services in the country. This means we support people with a range of rare and complex medical, surgical and neurological conditions, cancers and genetic orders.
Our staff oversee around 1.84 million patients 'contacts' each year, delivering high standards of healthcare.
We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and recognise the benefit in providing an inclusive environment. We value and respect the diversity of our employees and aim to recruit a workforce which reflects the communities we serve, and is equipped to deliver the best service to our patients. We welcome all applications irrespective of people's race, disability, gender, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity and in particular those from under- represented groups.
- Responsible for the analysis and documentation of requirements and solutions to support the online digital tool pathway, relating to IT Service projects to the required quality and standard. The Business Analyst will support the Head of PMO in the management of the online digital request tool with a significant focus on ensuring stakeholder needs are fully recognised and that proposed solutions are communicated and agreed with stakeholders.
- The post requires close working with suppliers, clinicians, health professionals and patient forums to ensure needs are understood and anticipated benefits that IT is enabling solutions can bring are fully realised.
- In the context of managing the digital tool pathway, liaise between business users, IT teams and external suppliers to ensure that detailed business requirements are captured clearly and unambiguously and that such requirements are met during the course of the project and that any related changes to business processes are managed in a controlled and effective way.
- Research, identify and analyse business needs and translate these into requirements, distinguishing between real business needs and user desire.
- Client interaction, including needs analysis, documentation of processes, and postimplementation benefits analysis.
- Delivery of a comprehensive portfolio of work comprising of systems analysis, requirements documentation, benefits analysis and feasibility studies.
- Feeds into and updates a register of portfolio risks and issues, including mitigation plans.
- Cross-activity relationship management.
- The position will involve a considerable amount of interaction with colleagues, business groups, IT and external vendors.
- Experience of managing stakeholders and debate, up to Director leve
As a flexible working friendly organisation, we want to be sure that you can work in a way that is best for us and for our patients, and for you. Speak to us about how we might be able to accommodate a flexible working arrangement. If it works for the service, we will do our best to make it work for you
Qualifications & Education
Knowledge & Experience
Skills & Abilities
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).