COVID Bank / Band 5 Registered Professional Vaccinator
Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust
This job is now closed
As part of the ongoing COVID-19 vaccination project, we are still looking for additional bank staff. Apply now to help support an ever growing team.
Please only apply if you are a registered healthcare professional.
Main duties of the job
As a COVID-19 RHCP you will be responsible for:
- Conducting pre-vaccination clinical assessments.
- Reviewing patient medical histories and any potential adverse reactions.
- Preparing the vaccine prior to administration by using aseptic technique.
- Dilution and drawing up of the vaccine from multi-dose vials.
- Setting up the vaccination station.
- Ensuring the best possible clinical outcomes by using up-to-date skills and adhering to policies and procedures.
- Working with other team members to ensure that the vaccination programme runs smoothly and efficiently.
Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust (LPT) provides a range of community health, mental health and learning disability services for people of all ages. Delivered through over 100 settings from inpatient wards to out in the community, our 6,500 staff serves over 1 million people living in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
Here at LPT, our values are Compassion, Respect, Integrity and Trust, which we keep at the heart of everything we do.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects our community. We actively implement equal opportunities in employment and service delivery and seek people who share our commitment. We strongly encourage applications from all sections of the community, particularly from underrepresented groups.
Details of our benefits, leadership behaviours and other important information are contained in the attached document titled Information for Applicants.
We will consider requests to work alternative hours or varied working patterns in line with our flexible working policy.
For all substantive roles, new staff (excluding medical staff) are appointed subject to a 6-month probationary period (see Probation Policy).
All jobs will require permission to work in the UK.
For all jobs the cost of any DBS disclosure required will be met by the individual. This will be deducted from salary once started.
Applicants at risk within the local NHS who meet essential criteria will have preference for interview.
This role forms an integral part of vaccination delivery within our Region. These roles are operated by the Covid 19 Vaccination Workforce Bureau which is supporting the Primary Care Networks who are responsible for delivering the vaccination programme. The Covid 19 Vaccination Workforce Bureau is hosted by Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust.
- Be responsible for providing specialist advice and technical services in relation to the care of patients
- Be required to work independently, under supervision
- Plan, advise and recommend treatment when necessary
- Handle difficult conversations (sensitive, language barriers, hostile atmosphere) and convert complex technical information into easily to understand communication
- Undertake multiple roles such as: clinical assessment, dilution and drawing up of the vaccine from multi-dose vials and additional clinical support.
- Enable the delivery of vaccinations to all eligible citizens by assisting with the overall coordination of the site activity and day to day delivery of the vaccination programme.
- Ensure clinic rooms and equipment are available at the start of each session.
- Please see full attached Job Description/person specification in supporting documents.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).