COVID Bank / Band 6 RHCP Clinical Supervisor
Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust
The closing date is 31 January 2023
As part of the ongoing COVID-19 vaccination project, we are still looking for additional bank staff. Apply now to help support an ever growing team.
Please only apply if you are a registered healthcare professional.
We will initially set you up as a Band 5 vaccinator to do your sign off shifts to prepare you for this post.
Main duties of the job
As a Clinical Supervisor for immunisations, the post holder will work as part of a dynamic team in delivering a safe and effective service for the mass delivery of COVID-19 vaccinations. The post holder will undertake a clinical supervisory role, overseeing a team of Immunisers. In particular, the post holder will be responsible for:
• Delivery of a safe immunisation service, assisting to influence and facilitate change within the setting and service areas.
• The supervision of clinical assessment prior to vaccination.
• Supporting the reviews of complex medical histories and potential adverse reactions and offering specialist advice as needed.
• The supervision of the configuration of the vaccination pod and vaccination station within the mass vaccination delivery model.
• The clinical supervision of safe vaccination delivery.
• The supervision of drawing up and preparation of the vaccine prior to administration and ensuring that each activity is recorded.
• Ensuring the best possible clinical outcomes by using up-to-date skills and adhering to evidence-based policies and procedures.
- Please see attached full Job Description and person specification.
Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust (LPT) provides a range of community health, mental health and learning disability services for people of all ages. Delivered through over 100 settings from inpatient wards to out in the community, our 6,500 staff serves over 1 million people living in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
Here at LPT, our values are Compassion, Respect, Integrity and Trust, which we keep at the heart of everything we do.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects our community. We actively implement equal opportunities in employment and service delivery and seek people who share our commitment. We strongly encourage applications from all sections of the community, particularly from underrepresented groups.
Details of our benefits, leadership behaviours and other important information are contained in the attached document titled Information for Applicants.
We will consider requests to work alternative hours or varied working patterns in line with our flexible working policy.
For all substantive roles, new staff (excluding medical staff) are appointed subject to a 6-month probationary period (see Probation Policy).
All jobs will require permission to work in the UK.
For all jobs the cost of any DBS disclosure required will be met by the individual. This will be deducted from salary once started.
Applicants at risk within the local NHS who meet essential criteria will have preference for interview.
This role forms an integral part of vaccination delivery within our Region. These roles are operated by the Covid 19 Vaccination Workforce Bureau which is supporting the Primary Care Networks who are responsible for delivering the vaccination programme. The Covid 19 Vaccination Workforce Bureau is hosted by Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust.
- Be responsible for clinical supervision of a team of immunisers.
• Be responsible for providing highly specialist advice and technical services in relation to the care of patients.
• Be required to work with minimal supervision.
• Plan, advise, recommend and evaluate treatment when necessary.
• Handle difficult conversations (sensitive, language barriers, hostile atmosphere) and convert complex technical information into easily to understand communication.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust
For questions about the job, contact:
16 June 2022
Agenda for change
£32,306 to £39,027 a year