Band 2 Bank HCA - Are you a healthcare student looking for bank work?
Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust
The closing date is 31 March 2023
Are you a healthcare student looking for bank work?
This advert is for current healthcare students to join the Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trusts Bank as a Healthcare Assistant (HCA).
If you are looking for work to fit around your studies, working flexible hours with Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust Bank could be the answer. You will work flexibly on a zero hours bank agreement so this role can fit around your other commitments.
We support your development by providing a full suite of online and in person training. This includes, but is not restricted to, core mandatory subjects such as moving and handling, basic life support, information governance, infection control, safeguarding and MAPA where required.
- Flexible hours including a variety of shifts (days, weekend, nights and evenings) across a 24/7 service
- Excellent pay rates
- Annual leave accruals
- Paid mandatory training
- Access to a pension scheme
Main duties of the job
As a HCA you will work flexibly to support Registered Nurses in the delivery of direct patient care. This includes:
- Taking physical measurements from clients/service users as delegated by the team
- Supporting clients/service users in maintaining their health and wellbeing
- Undertaking specified and delegated clinical and therapeutic activities
- Under the supervision of healthcare professionals assist the healthcare team with the provision of clinical care
- Ensuring high standards are maintained in a safe environment, which promotes equality and sensitivity for all individuals
- Assisting Registered Professionals in the implementation and evaluation of individualised care plans
- Accurately recording patient information.
Please note our bank work covers community and mental health services at Leicestershire Partnership Trust. We are not the acute hospital Trust and do not offer shifts at the LRI.
Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust (LPT) provides a range of community health, mental health and learning disability services for people of all ages. Delivered through over 100 settings from inpatient wards to out in the community, our 6,500 staff serves over 1 million people living in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
Here at LPT, our values are Compassion, Respect, Integrity and Trust, which we keep at the heart of everything we do.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects our community. We actively implement equal opportunities in employment and service delivery and seek people who share our commitment. We strongly encourage applications from all sections of the community, particularly from underrepresented groups.
Details of our benefits, leadership behaviours and other important information are contained in the attached document titled Information for Applicants.
We will consider requests to work alternative hours or varied working patterns in line with our flexible working policy.
For all substantive roles, new staff (excluding medical staff) are appointed subject to a 6-month probationary period (see Probation Policy).
All jobs will require permission to work in the UK.
For all jobs the cost of any DBS disclosure required will be met by the individual. This will be deducted from salary once started.
Applicants at risk within the local NHS who meet essential criteria will have preference for interview.
If you like what you've read and would like more information on the duties and responsibilities of this role, please click onto the attached Job Description and Person Specification.