Mental Health Practitioner Assertive Outreach Pathway CMHT
Pennine Care NHS FT
This job is now closed
This is an exciting opportunity to join Stockport CMHT's newly developed Assertive Outreach Pathway. The role will involved joint working with a reduced caseload of complex Service Users who have found it difficult to engage with other secondary mental health services. You will be supported by a Clinical Lead and have access to a wide range of other disciplines available within the CMHT including TAPP's (trainee assistant psychological practitioner), Wellbeing Practitioners, secondary psychology, OT's and Support Workers.
Main duties of the job
- Undertake the full range of casework for people with moderate to severe mental health needs. Adopting a recovery and social inclusion model, that encompasses non health and social care services to meet service user needs.
- Develop care plans for client / patients and undertake clinical activities as appropriate, ensuring a high standard of care.
- Ensure all appropriate client / patient and departmental records are maintained to the required standard and in line with CPA policy.
- Work with the wider multi-disciplinary team to enhance the standard of care client / patients receive.
- Participate in risk assessment and formulation of risk management plans.
- Take a key role in communications within the multi-disciplinary team to ensure continuity of care.
- Demonstrate high standards of Health and Social Care and be accountable for one's own practice.
- Supervise and assess students during placements, ensuring appropriate advice and support is given.
- Communicate effectively with all staff, clients / patients and carers in accordance with Trust / Directorate standards to promote high quality of care.
- Take a keen interest in own personal professional development. Attending adequate training to ensure issues relating to service users and their families are assessed and addressed in relation to the policy, safeguarding adults.
We are proud to provide high quality mental health and learning disability services, both inpatient and in the community across five boroughs of Greater Manchester - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport and Tameside and Glossop.
Our vision is for a happier and more hopeful life for everyone in our communities and our staff work hard to deliver the very best care for the people who use our services. We're really proud of our#PennineCarePeopleand do everything we can to make sure we're a great place to work.
All individuals regardless of race, age, disability, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership are encouraged to apply for this post. We would also encourage applications from individuals with a lived experience of mental illness, either individually or as a carer.
Please see attached job description and person specification to support your application for this post. Please refer to the essential criteria in the person specification which will highlight the skills, knowledge and experience you will need to demonstrate in your application, by way of example, to give yourself the best opportunity to be shortlisted.
Education / Qualifications
Skills and Abilities
Work related Circumstances
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).