Cognitive Behavioural Therapist
Pennine Care NHS FT
This job is now closed
Stockport Healthy Minds is a successful multi-disciplinary IAPT service and is excited with the opportunity to recruit an enthusiastic Band 7 CBT therapist.Stockport Healthy Minds is high performing service which provides innovative Primary Care Psychological Therapies using a range of evidenced based treatments for people requiring a brief psychological intervention utilising a stepped care model, in accordance with NICE guidelines.
Main duties of the job
Role Summary and Key ResponsibilitiesThe successful candidate will be expected to provide CBT based assessment, formulation and treatment for people experiencing a moderate to severe common mental health problem. This includes opportunities for group based intervention in addition to 1-1 client facing work. There are options for a combination of remote and office based working.The candidate will provide CBT to clients referred into the service who are deemed appropriate for Step 3. This includes undertaking & managing a clinical caseload, in accordance with the Trust's operational policy and recommendations within the IAPT manual. This includes working towards national standard service targets which are monitored closely by ICB & Greater Manchester Health & Social Care Partnership.
The candidate will be expected to attend monthly clinical supervision to develop knowledge, skills, promote access clinical excellence and ensure safe therapeutic practice. High levels of clinical governance are expected including all documentation as required by the service and the successful candidate will work closely with their Line Manager, Senior CBT Therapist & Clinical Lead.The service encourages & promotes staff development, staff are encouraged to participate in the delivery of clinical supervision and/or training to colleagues and partnership organisations. This may include further training in varying therapeutic modalities, and/or specialist areas and various champion roles. Members of staff are offered 5 CPD days pro rata by the Trust and the service also offers monthly CPD events.Within the core IAPT offer the Step 2 service provides Computerised CBT and Guided Self Help with the Step 3 service providing CBT, EMDR, Counselling and Inter-Personal therapy. Group interventions are offered at all Steps.The service includes practitioners who specialise in working with Younger People and Peri-natal clients and are accessible for case consultation.The Step 3.5 service provision uses enhanced therapeutic offers including CBT/EMDR/counselling/CBASP for people whose clinical presentation shows more complexity. Alongside this the Step 3.5 service offers Psycho-Dynamic Therapy and Psycho Sexual Therapy.
13 January 2023
Agenda for change
£41,659 to £47,672 a year per annum pro rata
Job SummaryWorking in the Stockport Healthy Minds Service;-To provide brief Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) assessment and therapy to service users.-To provide advice, consultation and supervision as required to other mental health professionals.-To participate in ongoing service developments within the service as and when possibleKey Requirements of the Person Specification:HIT qualification/CBT diploma or equivalent with post qualification experience delivering CBT for people with common mental health problemsAccreditation with the BABCP or working towardsMain Duties and ResponsibilitiesClinical-To carry out the assessment, formulation and treatment planning for service users referred to the service.-To provide Cognitive Behavioural Therapy to service users-To attend relevant meetings in relation to service user group and to give advice on referrals appropriate for CBT.-To work closely with relevant other professionals as appropriate.-To communicate in a skilled and sensitive manner, information concerning the assessment, formulation and treatment plans to service users and their multi-disciplinary professional team-To undertake risk assessment and risk management of service usersTeaching, Supervision and Training-In common with all qualified therapists, to receive regular clinical supervision from a suitably qualified clinician and where appropriate other senior colleagues.-To develop skills in professional post-graduate teaching, training and supervision and to provide supervision to trainees from recognised university professional training courses when appropriate.-To provide advice, consultation and training to staff in areas of post holders competence.-To contribute to Borough and Trust wide training initiatives.Management, Recruitment, Policy and Service Development-To participate in new and innovative service developments within the Healthy Minds service applying sound practice-based knowledge and theoretical frameworks.-To contribute to the development, evaluation and monitoring of the operational policy, procedures and protocols for the service.
Research and Service Evaluation-To contribute to the provision of data for service evaluation-To ensure that clinical interventions carried out by self and trainees/ supervisees are informed by reliable and up to date research and that service users are offered treatments with the best-proven efficacy.-To disseminate recent advances in psychological knowledge/therapies enabling psychologically informed work within the wider service to be based on good practice guidelines, using sound theoretical frameworks and national recommendations.Information Resources- To use a computer as necessary for clinical work/training, including literature searches, presenting diagrammatic formulations, developing and maintaining training packs/presentations and information leaflets, inputting data, emailing, report writing and other tasks required for the efficient running of the service.- To compile accurate statistical information as required, and to maintain records of clinical activity.-To ensure the submission of clinical activity data, as required by the TrustProfessional- To ensure that clinical notes and correspondence are maintained in accordance with Trust policies and procedures, and meet the highest standards of clinical record keeping in accordance with the professional code of practice of your core mental health professional and the BABCP.- To be a member of Stockport Psychological Therapies Service andto act within the governance framework developed by the Service and by the Trust Lead for Psychological Therapies.-To observe the provision of and adhere to all Trust policies and procedures and the Health Professions Council if appropriate or other professional body.-To maintain an up to date knowledge of all relevant national legislation and local policies and procedures for implementation.-To be familiar with and follow health and safety policy and procedures, and to be aware of individual responsibilities under legislation, drawing any areas of risk to the attention of managers.-To contribute to the reduction of risk in areas of responsibility.-To undertake any other duty that is appropriate to the grade, when requested by the Team or Service Managers.
This job description is not exhaustive, but is intended to give an overall picture of the role. Other duties within the general scope of the post may be required from time to time. The duties of the post and job description can be reviewed through the agreed process.
- Education / Qualifications: IAPT High Intensity training or doctoral clinical / counselling psychology with expectation of BABCP accreditation or working towards this. Or, registered health professional + an IAPT recognised PGD in CBT, BABCP Accreditation
- Experience: Assessed experience of working as a qualified psychologist / CBT therapist Or, experience of working as mental health specialist delivering CBT treatment, Experience of working with patients with a wide range of presentations (delivering CBT / other psychological interventions to this group), Experience of specialist psychological assessment, formulation and treatment of clients, Ability to meet agreed/specified service targets, Proven ability to communicate clearly in difficult and complex situations.
- Knowledge: Demonstrates an understanding of the national IAPT service and how it links to governmental objectives. An awareness and strong interest in issues of working with patients with long term conditions. Knowledge of government guidelines / best practice around delivering psychological therapy to patients with long term conditions / development of IAPT services in this area. Demonstrates an understanding for the need to use evidence based psychological therapies and how it relates to this post
- Skills and Abilities: Can deliver high intensity CBT. Able to deliver interventions to a wide range of service users. Well-developed skills in the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing. Skills in providing clinical advice to other professional and non-professional staff. IT skills sufficient to use computers for communication, data management and writing reports. Ability to demonstrate developing self-care skills. Ability to deliver, measure and monitor outcomes
- Work Related Circumstances: Willingness to be flexible and adaptable. Able to contain and work with high levels of distress from clients. Ability to work within a team fostering good working relationships. Good organisational skills. An ability to interact effectively with staff from all disciplines. Ability to self-reflect and use supervision appropriately. Ability to use CPD to develop. Skills in autonomous. Professional working. Use of a car or access to a means of mobility to travel across the Trust footprint in line with service needs. Willing to carry out all duties and responsibilities of the post in accordance with the Trust's Equal Opportunities and Equality and Diversity policies. Appointments to regulated and controlled activities require an enhanced DBS disclosure.
- Education / Qualifications: Eligibility for Chartered Psychologist status with the BPS. Undertaken post-qualification further training in a specialised area of psychological practice e.g. CBT, IPT, CAT, DBT, solution focused therapy etc. Particularly relevant NICE recommended treatments. Undertake training in the supervision of trainees and other therapists
- Experience: Experience of working in different settings. Experience of working in an IAPT Service. Worked in a service where agreed targets in place demonstrating clinical outcomes. Experience of teaching, training and/or supervision. Experience of implementing service policies and procedures
- Knowledge: Knowledge of the theory and practice of specialised psychological therapies. Formal training in supervision of CBT
- Skills and Abilities: Skills in producing relevant self-help and progress monitoring tools. Ability to cope and deal with distressing and complex information
- Work Related Circumstances: Knowledge and experience of the PCMIS operating system
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Pennine Care NHS FT