Pennine Care NHS FT
This job is now closed
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a band 3 administrator to join our Stockport Access Team.
We are looking to appoint someone with significant experience who can deliver comprehensive administrative support to our practitioners and service users.
The post requires a 'can do' attitude with excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to build good relationships and excellent team working skills, maintaining the trust values at all times. One of the key elements of the role is to communicate effectively with mental health service users and the general public in a confidential, sensitive and non-judgmental manner.
Main duties of the job
To provide efficient and effective administration support to the Access Team.
To undertake the administration of all referrals received into the team.
To ensure high standards are maintained at all times and that work is produced effectively and efficiently in accordance with the Trust's policies and procedures.
Stockport Access Team is based within Stepping Hill Hospital Site. We are a small admin team delivering a comprehensive administrative service supporting our mental health practitioners, consultants and senior managers.
Our vision is for a happier and more hopeful life for everyone in our communities and our staff work hard to deliver the very best care for the people who use our services. We're really proud of our #PennineCarePeopleand do everything we can to make sure we're a great place to work.
- To undertake the comprehensive administration of all referrals received into the teams.
- To ensure that all relevant referral information is recorded on PARIS and other relevant information systems and be responsible for the security of the information contained within these systems
- To collate all relevant available information to enable the effective management of referrals received by the team.
- To carry out general clerical duties including information gathering, dealing with internal and external post, filing, scanning, faxing and photocopying documents. Deal with incoming postal and electronic mail as well as telephone enquiries and give advice wherever possible, using own initiative.
- To order and maintain sufficient levels of stationery and supplies for the Team.
- To deal with difficult telephone enquiries and give advice wherever possible, in a diplomatic and sensitive way, following these through with the appropriate member of staff, in a responsible and professional manner.
- To attend meetings as requested by the teams and to take accurate minutes, process and distribute them as necessary.
- To continuously review administrative processes within the team and contribute to the ongoing development of the service with the Administration Manager
- To work with and support the manager of the Team.
- To work with and support the Team in their day to day work.
- Organise and maintain an efficient and effective filing system.
AFC 9/11/22 JME 22 Access Team Administrator Band 3
- Control and maintenance of health care records (including archiving and culling) as per Records Management Policy.
- To undertake such other tasks that may be required from time to time by the professional staff within the Teams.
This job description is not exhaustive, but is intended to give an overall picture of the role. Other duties within the general scope of the post may be required from time to time. The duties of the post and job description can be reviewed through the agreed process.
Education / Qualifications
Skills and Abilities
Work Related Circumstances
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).