Consultant Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist in Bury CAMHS
Pennine Care NHS FT
This job is now closed
Job description is current pending Royal College approval
This is a substantive post for which 10 PA's are available.
The post holder will provide specialist out-patient and consultation services to children and young people aged to 5-18 years in generic CAMHS. Based in Bury CAMHS, you will work alongside the main CAMHS team and also interface with other agencies including Local Authority, Paediatrics, and Working Age Adult services.
Main duties of the job
They will be actively engaged in service development and requirement for the post holder will include strong clinical leadership skills, and adaptation to change.
The post holder will provide a generic mental health service to children and adolescents up to their 18th birthday. You will manage a cohort of children and young people with a wide range of mental health needs. Working as part of multi disciplinary teams you will have responsibility for direct clinical work, supervision, helping to lead in management of referrals, effective multi-agency liaison with various relevant departments and undertaking local strategic management tasks as appropriate to the post. You will have excellent clinical leadership and communication skills. You will have strong interest and experience in working children and adolescents.
We are proud to provide high quality mental health and learning disability services, both inpatient and in the community across five boroughs of Greater Manchester - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport and Tameside and Glossop.
Our vision is for a happier and more hopeful life for everyone in our communities and our staff work hard to deliver the very best care for the people who use our services. We're really proud of our#PennineCarePeopleand do everything we can to make sure we're a great place to work.
All individuals regardless of race, age, disability, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership are encouraged to apply for this post. We would also encourage applications from individuals with a lived experience of mental illness, either individually or as a carer.
- To provide a psychiatric service for children and young people in Bury CAMHS.
- To undertake direct clinical work and provide supervision to the MDT and work in partnership with other agencies.
- To take clinical responsibility for a caseload
- To manage a needs led interface with Working Age Psychiatry
- To work creatively with other agencies who are involved with children and young people (Paediatrics, Schools and colleges , YOT, Drug and Alcohol services, CCG, Local Authority )
- To provide clinical supervision as required to junior medical staff
- To support the continued development of the Bury CAMHS service
- To adhere to all relevant local and national safeguarding policies and procedures
- To work closely with the other CAMHS Consultants, Operational and multidisciplinary staff, Directorate managers
Physical-General Health (State any disabilities which could not be accomodated)
Special Apptitudes and skills
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).