Consultant Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist
Pennine Care NHS FT
This job is now closed
Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist - Tameside CAMHS - 7 PA's
This is a substantive new post for which 7 PA's are available.
The post holder will provide specialist out-patient and consultation services to children and young people up to the age of 18 years in a community CAMHS service. Based in Springleigh Clinic, Tameside, you will work alongside the main CAMHS team and also interface with other agencies including Local Authority, Paediatrics, and Working Age Adult services.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will provide both a generic mental health service to children and adolescents up to their 18th birthday. You will manage a cohort of children and young people with a wide range of mental health needs. Working as part of multi disciplinary teams you will have responsibility for direct clinical work, supervision, helping to lead in management of referrals, effective multi-agency liaison with various relevant departments and undertaking local strategic management tasks as appropriate to the post. You will have excellent clinical leadership and communication skills. You will also have strong interest and experience in working with children and older adolescents.
This information has not been provided for uploading onto TRAC by Doctor Chowdhury. Can you please advise?
Key Responsibilities of the Post:
- To provide a psychiatric service for children and young people in Tameside.
- To undertake direct clinical work and provide supervision to the MDT and work in partnership with other agencies.
- To take clinical responsibility for a caseload.
- To manage a needs led interface with Working Age Psychiatry
- To work creatively with other agencies who are involved with children and young people (Paediatrics, Schools and colleges , YOT, Drug and Alcohol services, Connexions, Local Authority )
- To provide clinical supervision as required to junior medical staff
- To support the continued development of the Tameside CAMHS service.
- To adhere to all relevant local and national safeguarding policies and procedures.
- To work closely with the other CAMHS Consultants, Operational and multidisciplinary staff and Care hub managers.
Key Requirements of the Person Specification:
- Full GMC registration.
- Possession of CCT in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry or be within 6 months of achieving this or entered on the GMC Specialist Register.
- Section 12 Approval under Mental Health Act 1983 and Approved Clinician status.
- Demonstrable competency across the approved curriculum for higher specialist training in CAMHS.
- Excellent clinical leadership and communication skills.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).