Senior Mental Health Practitioner MASSH
Pennine Care NHS FT
This job is now closed
#JoinUsBeYou and make a difference to a child's life.
We currently are looking to recruit a CAMHS mental health practitioner (MHP) to join the new Single point of Access pathway which is fully integrated in the the existing MASSH (our local multi- agency safeguarding and support hub). This is an great opportunity for an experienced mental health practitioner to offer early help and support to Stockport's children and young people (CYP) experiencing emotional distress/ mental health issues by offering mental health advice to other professionals within MASSH, supporting self-management mental health strategies for families, triaging mental health referrals and directing CYP to the appropriate service for the support that is identified.
You will work closely with other partner colleagues in the Stockport MASSH including the local authority referral information officers (RIO) and early help advisers and other key providers that offer support to Children and Young people's emotional wellbeing and mental health in Stockport. You will be offering consultation, training and advice around common mental health presentations.
Main duties of the job
- To make independent clinical decisions about the appropriate therapeutic interventions for young people in accordance with screened need.
- To identify and manage appropriately any risk factors that are presenting for a CYP where there is a difference of understanding what their need is and services are of a differing opinion
- To access the Local Authority Liquid Logic system, which provides additional non-clinical information that may be personal and sensitive to enable clinical decision making on behalf of the child and young person
- To ensure that if an urgent MH need is identified, through the MASSH, that the CYP is in receipt of the GM crisis care pathway if there is an immediate risk or the urgent HYMs pathway.
- To work with the wider team and provide appropriate clinical supervision to other MDT members within the MASSH
- To routinely monitor effectiveness of clinical work by use of routine outcome measures
- To understand and ensure systems are in place to effectively monitor KPIs in relation to access to services
- Responsibility for the development of training packages to support the MASSH pathway and provide bespoke MH training to the MDT within the MASSH
- To provide specialist consultation and training on a wide range of children's/ young people's emotional health wellbeing issues to other professionals and partnership agencies
- To ensure a high-quality assessment of highly complex Mental health presentations of referrals
We are proud to provide high quality mental health and learning disability services, both inpatient and in the community across five boroughs of Greater Manchester - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport and Tameside and Glossop.
Our vision is for a happier and more hopeful life for everyone in our communities and our staff work hard to deliver the very best care for the people who use our services. We're really proud of our#PennineCarePeopleand do everything we can to make sure we're a great place to work.
Our ambition is to maximise people's potential and we aim to promote an inclusive environment and improve the diversity of our workforce so our people truly represent the communities we serve.
17 June 2022
Agenda for change
£40,057 to £45,839 a year per annum pro rata
CAMHS, Stopford House
For additional information on the role, you can refer to the job description and person specification that can be found in the "documents to download" section below. Here, you'll also find your applicant pack, which will give you useful trust information.
- Extensive experience of working within a health delivered child & adolescent mental health outpatient/ community service or in Adult mental health services
- Previous specialist CAMHs experience
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and National Policies in relation to children and young people.
- Knowledge of specific disorders or conditions relevant to CAMHS
Qualifications and registration
- RMN, Social worker or Occupational Therapist with ongoing registration with relevant professional body (NMC, SWE, HCPC)
- Post graduate degree relevant to the role e.g. MSc, MBA,
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Pennine Care NHS FT
CAMHS, Stopford House
For questions about the job, contact: