Systems Support Officer
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust
The closing date is 28 June 2022
We are currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic, passionate and highly motivated Clinical Systems Support Officer to join our Clinical Systems Team in supporting the Trusts core clinical systems and electronic patient records.
The ideal candidate will have a strong team work ethic and sense of accountability, accompanied by an ability to manage priorities and ability to support a number of short, medium & long term projects.
As a member of the Clinical Systems Team, this challenging and rewarding role will include providing support to clinicians, managers and other colleagues on the most effective and efficient use of clinical systems through design, configuration and development, assist in the provision of a clinical systems helpdesk function and undertaking training activities.
In return we will provide the necessary support to ensure your development within your role. We are keen to support and develop our staff through a clear career pathway and encourage promotional opportunities within the Trust.
If you are looking for a new challenge, enjoy variety in your work and wish to be part of a team striving to make a difference for our community then we want to hear from you.
Main duties of the job
- Provide first and second line Service Desk support, filter and reassign calls as appropriate.
- Provide first and second line support to end users for systems used in CPFT, including the operation of a clinical systems helpdesk function under the direction and guidance of the Clinical Systems Manager or their delegates. These systems include (but are not limited to) RiO, SystmOne, OpenWard, PC-MIS and NHS e-Referral.
- Carry out necessary amendments to Smartcard access according to the guidelines and policies provided by the RA Manager.
- Troubleshoot technical issues where appropriate and offer resolution or re-direct to the correct team/person.
- Deliver training sessions as outlined by the Clinical Systems Manager or their delegates, through face to face training or online technologies.
- Ensure all training materials are up to date and appropriate including both paper and electronic.
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust is a health & social care organisation dedicated to providing high quality care with compassion to improve the health & wellbeing of the people we care for, as well as supporting & empowering them to lead a fulfilling life.
Our clinical teams deliver many NHS services not only via inpatient and primary care setting but also with the community. These services include Children, Adult & Older Peoples mental & physical health, Forensic & Specialist mental health, Learning Disabilities, Primary Care & Liaison psychiatry, Substance misuse, Social care, Research & Development.
To achieve our goal, we look to recruit high calibre candidates that share our vision & values. As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from all sectors of the community, particularly from under-represented groups including disabled people & members of our ethnic minorities & LGBTQ+ communities.
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for full details of responsibilities
- Assess user capabilities and complete training records, feedback on training needs to guide development of future training plans.
- Monitoring, advising and maintaining data quality and information governance requirements at all times.
- Liaise with the development functions of the Information and Performance team to support roll out of new functionality.
- Carry out system configuration work as required and specified by the Clinical Systems Manager or their delegates.
- Provide administrative support to the Clinical Systems department when requested, including booking meetings, taking minutes of meetings, managing calendars etc.
- Ensure that their access to any systems used within CPFT is in accordance with security and confidentiality policies and procedures related to Information Governance, data protection.
You will be working as part of the CPFT Clinical Systems Team supporting the trust and its clinical staff with the clinical systems used across the trust.
The clinical systems team is a great team to work in and you will gain a lot of experience and support in a number of different systems and support aspects. The team have a diverse number of services we support and the team are always helpful and supportive to meet the needs of the team, the services and the trust.
Education / Qualifications
Skills & Abilities
Knowledge & Understanding
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust
For questions about the job, contact:
14 June 2022
Agenda for change
£20,330 to £21,777 a year per annum pro rata