Personal Assistant to Medical Director and Core Team
University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
An opportunity has arisen for a proactive and self-driven individual to join the Surgery & Cancer Board Management Team as PA to the Medical Director. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who has experience of working in a complex setting, who will provide a high-quality PA service and administrative support to the Medical Director and the SCB Core Team. We are a really friendly team and look forward to welcoming a new member.
The role does require on site working three days per week. Flexible working can be considered so please do get in touch as we are happy to think creatively about how this role is delivered.
Please note: virtual assessment on Tuesday 19th December 2023, and if you are successful an interview with the Medical Director and other panel members on Wednesday 20th December 2023 at 250 Euston Road.
Main duties of the job
Working with some level of autonomy, you will be expected to work on your own initiative, prioritising your own workload in order to meet agreed deadlines. You will take personal responsibility for ensuring the smooth running of the Clinical Board office and organising key meetings.
This will include the timely production of minutes, agendas, and action logs. Having a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages, you will have experience of managing a number of diaries with competing priorities, as well as monitoring and prioritising incoming communications.
University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (UCLH) is one of the most complex NHS trusts in the UK, serving a large and diverse population. We provide academically led acute and specialist services, to people from the local area, from throughout the United Kingdom and overseas. Our vision is to deliver top-quality patient care, excellent education, and world-class research.
We provide first-class acute and specialist services across eight sites:
- University College Hospital (incorporating the Elizabeth Garrett Anderson Wing)
- National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Royal National ENT and Eastman Dental Hospitals
- University College Hospital Grafton Way Building
- Royal London Hospital for Integrated Medicine
- University College Hospital Macmillan Cancer Centre
- The Hospital for Tropical Diseases
- University College Hospital at Westmoreland Street
We are dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of many complex illnesses. UCLH specialises in women's health and the treatment of cancer, infection, neurological, gastrointestinal and oral disease. It has world class support services including critical care, imaging, nuclear medicine and pathology.
At UCLH, we have a real 'One Team' ethos, and our values - safety, kindness, teamwork and improving, are central to the way we work. This is supported by our staff, who voted us as the #1 NHS Acute Trust to work for in the whole of England.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- To be responsible for an effective and efficient delivery of a Personal Assistant service to named Medical Director, their Core Team and their board.
- To be responsible for the co-ordination and planning of the Medical Directors diary and activities and resolving and conflicting commitments requiring resolution.
- To ensure the smooth running of the office and effective internal and external liaison to contribute to the successful running of the Trust as a whole.
- To ensure that vital issues are brought to the notice of the Medical Director/Core Team and that timely action is taken by the Medical Director/Core Team.
- To ensure/follow up on instructions given by the Medical Director to the team/parties are carried out effectively.
- To assist the Medical Director/Core Team by taking logical and reasonable steps to resolve issues
- To be the first point of contact for the relevant Medical Director and the Core Team as applicable.
- To establish arrangements to ensure smooth coordination between the Medical Directors clinical commitments and managerial commitments.
We are committed to sustainability and have pledged to become a carbon net zero health service, embedding sustainable practice throughout UCLH. We have set an ambitious target of net zero for our direct emissions by 2031 and indirect emissions by 2040.
For more information regarding the main responsibilities of the role, please refer to the attached Job Description.
Knowledge and Qualifications
Experience, skills and abilities
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).