Chief Digital Officer
London Ambulance Service NHS Trust
This job is now closed
Technology is critical to the delivery of our services. We are concluding a successful 3-year programme of significant investment in our infrastructure and now have fit for purpose telephony, communication infrastructure, computer aided dispatch and data storage capabilities. This platform will enable us to exploit the digital and artificial intelligence agendas to their fullest, putting the patient experience at the forefront of our thinking.
Our Chief Digital Officer (CDO) role is the most senior digital technology post within the Trust. Reporting to our Chief Executive, you will play a pivotal role in the organisation's leadership as a member of the Executive Committee and in attendance at Trust Boards.
Main duties of the job
- Leading a directorate of c.100 employees and contractors, creating the right environment in which colleagues can give their best and be successful
- Delivering a service that is customer focused, improving the Trust's way of working through innovative and practical digital solutions and engaging at all levels of the Trust
- Ensuring strategies and plans are aligned to the Trust's longer-term goals and leading the delivery of digital goals and objectives
- Providing the leadership to create an inclusive digital thread through the organisation
- Developing a digital architecture and mind-set that provides mobile clinical technology to front line crews and provides enhanced control room and corporate digital services
- Playing an active role externally, collaborating with regional and national NHS teams and other stakeholders to share best practice, innovation and joint working
You will need demonstrated outstanding professional leadership within a highly complex operational setting. We are ideally seeking applicants with experience gained at a very senior level within a 'blue light' emergency service, an NHS provider, or a similarly transferable setting. A champion of the benefits that technological and digital innovation can bring, you will have the ability to inspire and motivate colleagues and external partners, embracing our values of putting caring, teamwork and respect at the heart of all we do for Londoners.
London Ambulance Service serves one of the worlds most dynamic and diverse cities and is the busiest ambulance service in the UK. We handle over 1.9 million emergency calls from across the capital every year as well as delivering a 24 hour NHS 111 Integrated Urgent Care Service in South East and North East London that we estimate will respond to around 1.4million urgent care calls by the end of the year.
We employ over 9,000 people who work or volunteer, across London to respond to the health needs of over 8 million people who live, work and travel in the capital.
We work closely with our NHS partners and are commissioned by 32 clinical commissioning groups spread across 5 STPs and NHS England for our specialist services.
As the only pan-London NHS provider we have a unique opportunity to play a leading role in integrating access to emergency and urgent care right across London.
For a full detailed job description and details of the role, please see attached job description.
Please note a recruitment pack for this role can be obtained from James Stephens and Adam Britton from Morgan Law by contacting email@example.com
Qualifications, Accreditations, Education
Knowledge and Skills
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).