Consultant Psychiatrist- Crisis Resolution & Home Treatment
Barnet, Enfield & Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust
This job is now closed
We are pleased to announce a brand-new golden hello incentive for Consultant positions within Barnet, Enfield & Haringey Mental Health, NHS Trust.
We are currently transforming our service delivery to meet a new set of high-quality standards that our Crisis Resolution & Home Treatment Team deserves and our staff want to provide. To support this important quality initiative, we are pleased to attach an attractive recruitment premium of £5000 to these Consultant roles within our Trust as an incentive to not only join us but be a part of our future.
The Borough's Crisis Resolution and Home treatment Team (CRHTT) provides urgent crisis assessments and intensive support to, where safely possible, avert the need for inpatient admission. There is a multidisciplinary team of nursing staff, social workers, family therapists, associate mental health workers, support workers and peer workers.
The team has been on a significant improvement journey over the last three years, undertaking progression to accreditation under the RCPsych's HTAS (Home Treatment Accreditation Scheme). The team have been leading in the implementation of the innovative, social systems oriented approach to mental health care Open Dialogue. Haringey is a trial site for a large national research trial, ODDESSI, investigating the efficacy of Open Dialogue and the CRHTT is a key entry point to this trial.
For full details of the role, will be provided with job description-Waiting RC approval.
Main duties of the job
- The post-holder will provide clinical and professional leadership in the Team and will take part in management activities related to the post and the wider service within which it is embedded.
- The Consultant will take the lead on ensuring service users have a comprehensive crisis assessment, risk assessment and management plans and safe prescribing of psychotropic medications.
- To participate and lead daily patient management meetings, providing consultation to the wider MDT on patient management.
- As the most senior clinician to prioritise your direct patient contact time to those patients with the highest level of need, complexity and diagnostic uncertainty.
- Service development and quality improvement in line with the Trust's vision, values and objectives are core responsibilities.
- The consultant psychiatrist is expected to establish good working relationships with the inpatient and community team Consultants and Team Managers
Barnet Enfield and Haringey Mental Health Trust is a multiple award-winning, combined mental health and community Trust providing local, regional and national healthcare services. We are one of the largest employers in North London with over 3000 staff delivering a range of mental health and community services to a population of over one million.
BEH manages the renowned North London Forensic Services (NLFS), rated as 'Outstanding' by the CQC. This service treats and cares for people within the criminal justice system who have mental health conditions.We also provide one of the largest eating disorder services in England, as well as drug and alcohol services and mental health liaison services in North Middlesex University Hospitals Trust. Our values and quality improvement are at the heart of everything we do, please consider joining us.
- The post-holder is expected to ensure appropriate clinical documentation, to collaborate with GPs, hospital doctors, and primary care clinicians..
- The post-holder is expected to maintain compliance with all legal obligations as prescribed by the Mental Health Act (MHA) and the Ministry of Justice.
- The post-holder is expected to report concerns about professional conduct or competence of medical or other colleagues.
- The post-holder is expected to demonstrate willingness to be flexible in altering the timetable according to service needs and to be actively involved in providing leadership and management to the service. Ensuring fair access to services for all is part of this remit.
Qualifications & Experience
IT Experience & Skills
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).