Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
The closing date is 31 May 2024
Our local hospitals are looking to expand their volunteer workforce to support the clinical teams over the forthcoming winter months. Companion volunteers make a huge difference to the time patients spend within the hospital, supporting patients and families to maintain contact as well as offering companionship and reassurance.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the volunteer workforce and applications are welcome from all aged 18 years and over. Opportunities to shadow will be provided, as well as training as required. A parking permit will also be provided.
Main duties of the job
- Answer telephone calls and to pass on messages from relatives
- Help patients and visitors to access the information they require i.e. direct patients and visitors to the appropriate area/person
- Keep information display areas and waiting areas stocked and tidy
- Make telephone calls/video calls between patients and family members
- Assist with running errands for ward staff or patients/visitors
- Assist Nursing Staff to provide activities for patients.
- General administration tasks on trust based system
The People Hub, hosted by MPFT, works in partnership with NHS Trusts, Local Authorities and care organisations across Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent, finding the right people for the right job roles in response to local needs. We recruit caring and compassionate people or 'Reserves', who can provide clinical and non-clinical support to busy teams in a variety of settings. You'll be joining a community of likeminded people ready to help and support the local health and care economy. You will have access to a variety of job opportunities of varying length; some placements may be up to 12 months whilst others are more ad hoc and in response to urgent demand. You don't need to have had experience within the health or care sector to apply for many of our roles! We'll provide you with the training or upskilling you need, and we'll share placements with you that match your preferences and can fit around your existing commitments.
- Provide visiting, companionship and reassurance to patients
- Meet users of the service and provide a welcome
- Assist the nursing team in ensuring that patient bed tables are clear of extraneous items prior to meal-times
- Assist nursing staff to distribute hand wipes to patients prior to meal-times and as necessary for hygiene requirements
- Provide extra drinks/snacks, outside of normal service, as required
*PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A VOLUNTEER ROLE*
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).