Senior Staff Nurse
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
The closing date is 22 January 2023
At MPFT we pride ourselves on staff wellbeing and development and can we offer you:
- Our SOOTHE resources - supporting staff across the trust with their physical, mental and financial health. In addition to the support offered from our occupational health provider Team Prevent.
- Counselling support and lifestyle information with advice on a variety of personal matters
- "In our Gift" providing a platform for your voice to be heard to inform change
- The opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- Opportunities for flexible working (depending on the role)
- Career development opportunities and coaching plus access to in house training programs
- Innovative research training program entitled STARS (Supporting the advancement of Research Skills)
- Child Care Vouchers Scheme
- Recognition and engagement through our staff LOVE awards, LOVE long service awards and Staff Engagement Surveys
- NHS discounts available via the Blue Card and Red Guava schemes
Main duties of the job
Are you looking for a nursing post that makes a real difference to people's lives?
If you are passionate about providing good quality care within a rewarding environment and supportive organisation, then this is the job for you!
More about the inpatient unit
Our new inpatient unit provides residential care and life-saving interventions to those with addictions. This is often a last hope for vulnerable members of our society to break free from their alcohol and drug use.
We provide safe and effective detoxification and stabilisation for individuals with alcohol and drug use disorders.
Inclusion, as part of a large NHS Foundation Trust have partnered with Two Saints - a housing association and well-respected local provider - and 20 Local Authority areas to bring this high-quality specialised care and treatment to the area.
If this sounds like the job for you then please keep reading...
- You will be a qualified RGN/RMN, with a flexible approach and want to work in a team that encourages new ideas and feedback.
- You will be experienced in working with individuals requiring alcohol and drug detoxification/stabilisation
- You will share our values, be committed to providing high quality care and developing your own skills.
- You will value working within a team with a variety of professions, work and lived experience.
- We welcome flexible working and will consider part-time applicants.
Inclusion, created in 2002 is part of the Specialist Services Care Group of Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (MPFT). We provide caring and effective services across England, including, West Yorkshire, West Midlands, East Midlands, West Mercia, Thames Valley, Hampshire, Isle of Wight and Thurrock, Essex.
We support individuals, families and communities who are affected by addiction, crime, mental health or need treatment for their sexual health. We believe that the individuals and families who use our services should receive high quality, committed and inclusive care, realising all the benefits a modern NHS organisation can provide.
We work with patients and our staff teams to achieve the best outcomes we can. We invest heavily in training and development, and the wellbeing of our people, both staff and service users is central to who we are. Here at MPFT, we are proud of the comprehensive wellbeing and lifestyle support offer available, in addition to in-house training and coaching support.
Our services are robustly governed, evidence-based, inclusive, and designed and provided in conjunction with service users. We are committed to providing the best service we can, and if you share our values, we want you on our team!
We have exciting opportunities to be part of this ground-breaking initiative - a brand-new inpatient detox unit in Fareham, Hampshire.
We are looking for dynamic, compassionate, and experienced nurses to join our forward-thinking team.
The successful candidate will benefit from the experience and support of the team and that of its NHS employer. Inclusion (part of Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust) is a national NHS Provider of substance misuse services in prisons and the community across the country and the host of the NHS Provider Alliance for Addiction, when you join Inclusion you will benefit from a wealth of training and development opportunities as well as the support of an NHS employer experienced in providing high quality addiction services.
In return for your passion and commitment, you can expect the following from us:
- Monthly supervision and annual appraisal
- Clinical supervision to support specialist skills development
- Support and guidance with revalidation
- Learning and development opportunities for career progression and individual professional development
- Access to the Quality Improvement Academy
- Research & Development Opportunities
- Comprehensive wellbeing offer: SOOTHE resources; Schwartz Rounds; Staff Equality Networks
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).