Cyber Security Apprentice
Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
Support and assist experienced cyber security professionals in Safeguarding Gateshead Health's information systems, data and networks from cyber security threats.
Collaborate with other IT teams to implement solutions and resolve service-related incidents efficiently.
- Participate in ongoing training and professional development to stay up-to-date with the latest technologies and industry trends.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of documentation, knowledge base articles, and user guides to enhance service efficiency.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and security protocols to safeguard user data and network integrity.
- Work towards completion of the cyber security apprenticeship standard.
Main duties of the job
- Provide excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with a keen ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical users.
- Provide exceptional customer service skills with a patient and empathetic approach to resolving users issues.
- Demonstrate a passion for continuous learning and an eagerness to adapt to emerging technologies.
Assist in monitoring security tools to identify and respond to security incidents.
Participate in incident response activities, this includes but is not inclusive of investigating incidents, documenting findings and assisting in the implementation of remediation measures.
Ensure that systems and applications are up to date with the latest security patches and updates to mitigate known vulnerabilities.
Are you a good problem solver with a passion for delivering exceptional customer service? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Gateshead Health is committed to helping streamline operations to achieve greater efficiency and enhance patient care.
We are currently seeking motivated individuals to join our dedicated team. As a Cyber Security Apprentice you will play a critical role in safeguardingGateshead Health's information systems, data and networks from cyber security threats.
Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust offers and opportunity for the successful candidate to work with cutting-edge technology and make a meaningful impact to patient care. As well as providing a supportive and collaborative work environment that values innovation and professional growth. Furthermore, here at Gateshead we our proud of our diverse team of talented individuals who share a common passion for technology and customer satisfaction. So, If you are ready to take on a rewarding challenge and become an integral part of our team, we'd love to hear from you!
- 5 A-C GCSE qualifications, including Mathematics and English
- A good knowledge of Windows-based operating systems, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Office
- Ability to respond positively to supervisor feedback.
- Willingness to learn and progress.
- Demonstrable a keen interest and knowledge cyber security.
- Good time management skills
- Good communications skills
- Good team working
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).