EMIS Systems Administrator
Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an EMIS System Administrator to work within the Clinical Systems Team.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic individual who wants to be involved in the support and development of EMIS.
The post holder will support the Clinical Systems on a day to day basis by assisting with system testing, user training and support, system development and day to day system maintenance.
Main duties of the job
Able to use initiative and work to tight deadlines.
The successful candidate will be educated to a degree level or have the equivalent experience and have working knowledge of Microsoft Window packages and an understanding of the Core Trust Systems.
A flexible approach to working arrangements is essential to meet service needs, which may include working evenings, early mornings and weekend if the project requires.
People love working at Gateshead.
In the annual survey for NHS staff, we consistently rate highly as a place people would recommend others to work.
In the most recent survey, 72% of our staff said they would recommend working at Gateshead.
We aim to attract and retain a talented and committed workforce, who are caring and compassionate, and therefore able to meet the demands of the modern NHS now and in the future. In return we can offer a dynamic working environment in which to build a career.
- Work with the System Managers and System Suppliers to implement the upgrades and associated functionality across the Trust, including developing / updating data migration plans, monitoring and undertaking data cleansing exercises, highlighting any risks and issues, attending project team meetings, system testing and training.
- On a day to day basis act as System Administrator for the Clinical Systems managed by the Digital Services Department. Maintaining system security, providing advice and guidance, resolving software and system operational problems.
- Undertake and maintain system configuration to ensure the availability of up to date and timely data items within systems.
- Preparation of documentation and training guides associated with system upgrades. Schedule software installation into training and live environments following thorough testing, using standard test scripts.
- Liaise with the Trusts IM&T Security Officer and Information Governance Officer to develop and maintain system security policies.
- Ensure all new system users receive adequate training and have appropriate system access levels to enable them to fulfill their role. Make certain all users complete and sign user access agreement documentation.
- Act as first and second line support for systems users, providing advice and guidance, resolving software problems where possible.
- Liaise with other digital teams for technical support and the roll-out of systems to new users and departments, and the resolution of hardware and networking issues.
- Liaise with system suppliers on software problems to ensure effective solutions where possible.
- Discuss and agree any planned system downtime with Change Advisory Board (CAB), system suppliers and all system users to ensure minimal disruption. Make certain all departments have robust back up arrangements to maintain adequate provision of services.
- Assist with the ongoing specification and implementation of diagnostic systems.
- Attend the user groups to share knowledge / experiences of other Trusts and identify areas of improvement / development.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).