Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
This job is now closed
An opportunity has arisen for a dedicated and hard working person to join the Paediatric administration team for West London Children across 3 hospital sites at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust.
We are seeking a dynamic, proactive and highly motivated individual to join the Administration team. The Post holder will have a key role to play, in ensuring that all Paediatric Respiratory and Allergy activity is efficiently managed and recorded. Also, that all Data Quality Indicators and Key Performance Indicators are maintained to the highest level. Therefore, experience in a similar role is essential.
You will be providing effective and efficient clerical support to the Paediatric pathways - ensuring that administration processes meet the needs of all service users and in line with trust policies. Experience of working in hospitals and knowledge of managing patient pathways, is desirable, as is an interest in working with a multidisciplinary teams to ensure services run smoothly.
The post will provide a great opportunity for individuals looking to develop their career in NHS management, allowing the post holder to share and standardise best practice and to improve patient experience.
Main duties of the job
- The post holder will be expected to manage capacity within their allocated services, bringing patients appointments forward where necessary, flagging up capacity issues with specific responsibility to cross cover the other administrative coordinators during periods of unforeseen absences.
- Leading on data capture, validation of pathways and help support the managing of both inpatient and outpatient waiting lists. They will be expected to contribute to the collection and analysis of data, assess the service needs and develop improvement programmes and implement action plans to ensure that appropriate outcomes are applied.
- The post holder will be responsible for the set up and coordination of Allergy and Respiratoryappointments for this service and for processing incoming referrals, ensuring that the service is delivered in a competent and efficient manner according to protocols and within agreed timescales
- The post holder will be responsible for ensuring that patients pathways are managed in a timely manner, within access timeframes, ensuring that patients are booked in to relevant clinics and sessions as appropriate with clinical guidance
- The post holder will work closely with the relevant service team, other health professionals and the Inpatient and Outpatient Administration Manager to ensure that patients are given appropriate appointments and receive a high quality servic
At Imperial College Healthcare you can achieve extraordinary things with extraordinary people, working with leading clinicians pushing boundaries in patient care. Become part of a vibrant team living our values - expert, kind, collaborative and aspirational. You'll get an experience like no other and will fast forward your career.
Benefits include career development, flexible working and wellbeing, staff recognition scheme. Make use of optional benefits including Cycle to work, car lease schemes, season ticket loan or membership options for onsite leisure facilities.
We are committed to equal opportunities and improving the working lives of our staff and will consider applications to work flexibly, part-time or job share.
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. For both overviews please view the Job Description attachment with the job advert.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).