Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
The Clinical Research Facility (CRF) is looking for a Band 6 Research Project Manager. The CRF is a Phase 1 MHRA accredited unit, the first NHS trust in England and Wales to achieve this standard.
The role of the Research Project Manager will involve working on a number of CRU Clinical Studies, across multiple Clinical Disciplines. The Project Manager in collaboration with the study team will be responsible for setting up, on-going management of and close out of their assigned research projects.
Joining the CRF is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a dynamic and growing team that is dedicated to delivering high quality research projects, with both our academic and commercial collaborators.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will co-ordinate Early Phase CRU led Clinical trials under leadership direction of the Principal Investigator andCRF Operational Support Manger. Responsibilities typically include contributing to the development and management of the protocol, budget, timeline, quality guidelines and being the primary point of contact for the Sponsor, thereby ensuring that expectations are met while identifying and mitigating risks.
The Project Manager also compiles and drives documentation for the project, ensuring the accuracy and quality of regulatory data including Ethics Submissions.
The successful applicant must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work independently, to prioritise their own workload and to communicate effectively with both internal and external members of the research team with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
All clinical research activity must be compliant and conducted in accordance with European Union (EU) Directive, ICH/GCP International Conference on Harmonisation and Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust was created on 1 October 2019 following the merger of two adult acute Trusts, Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and the Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust.
The merger provides an opportunity to reconfigure services in a way that provides the best healthcare services to the city and improves the quality of care and health outcomes that patients experience.
The Trust runs Aintree University Hospital, Broadgreen Hospital, Liverpool University Dental Hospital and the Royal Liverpool University Hospital.
It serves a core population of around 630,000 people across Merseyside as well as providing a range of highly specialist services to a catchment area of more than two million people in the North West region and beyond.
To hear more about our achievements click here https://www.liverpoolft.nhs.uk/media/13089/1606-annual-report-booklet_final.pdf
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook - Liverpool University Hospitals Careers
Instagram - @LUHFTcareers
Twitter - @LUHFTcareers
- With mentorship from a more Senior Manager, lead the core project team and facilitate the teams ability to lead extended/complete the project to time and target
- Ensure effective cross-functional teamwork among project team members including both internal and external ancillary services.
- Manage and track project resource needs and contribute to contingency planning for key resources.
- Create required project plans utilising appropriate planning software. Implement and monitor progress against project plans and revise as necessary.
- Monitor project schedule and scope to ensure both remain on track. Implement and follow pre-approved procedures for any deviations.
- Oversee/complete accurate and timely Ethics/R&D Submissions in conjunction with the Lead Nurse
- Serve as client/sponsor/internal stakeholders primary contact for assigned studies.
- Contribute to effective teamwork among project team members.
- Contribute to improvements to enhance the efficiency and the quality of the work performed on assigned projects.
- Meet/exceed client/sponsor satisfaction expectations.
- Present at external and/or internal meetings, with support from a more senior manager or Principal Investigator as needed.
- Assist in ensuring that all staff allocated to assigned projects adhere to professional, SOP, and specific GCP and ICH standards.
- Provide performance feedback on team members to respective supervisors.
- Review proposals and budgets.
- Follow defined project issue escalation process
- With support from more senior management positions and the Principal Investigator, monitor and control the risk plan and provide on-going oversight to ensure mitigation plans are in place and working. Escalate risks newly identified by the project team to stakeholders.
- With support from more senior management positions, meet financial performance targets for the assigned projects and proactively identify out of scope activities and execute necessary work scope change orders.
- Collaborate with the RD&I Business team to initiate monthly invoicing, as appropriate.
- Ensure that monitoring reports and monitoring visits are completed in a timely manner. Review monitoring reports and escalate issues.
- Establish working relationships with clients/sponsors which result in client satisfaction, operational excellence and thereby increase potential for repeat business.
- Contribute and participate in the delivery of presentations for new business, as required.
- Track client project metrics.
- Ensure that internal project review meetings are conducted as needed. Depending on size and scope of project, lead meetings as appropriate.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).