Senior Financial Accountant
The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join our team as a Senior Financial Accountant on a 22.5hrs a week contract, with flexibility around when those hours are worked.
Key responsibilities of the roles include:
- Leading on the coordination of the Trust's annual accounts production, including liaison with external auditors.
- Responsible for statutory and management reporting including balance sheet reconciliations.
- Providing technical accounting advice to the Finance team and wider Trust.
The successful candidate will be an intelligent, professionally qualified accountant who has outstanding communication skills, a passion for best practice, a keen eye for detail, as well as managing and building relationships.
Main duties of the job
To provide financial accounting services, with specific responsibilities for statutory and management reporting, balance sheet reconciliations and process improvement. To investigate and advise on complex accounting issues, providing technical accounting advice, ensuring the Trust achieves its statutory targets. To ensure staff across the Trust are adhering to finance policies and are using the financial systems in the most effective way. To deputise for the Head of Financial Accounting.
The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust is a world-leading cancer centre. Our role is to offer our patients the best cancer care available anywhere in the world, and to continue to make a global contribution to finding better ways of diagnosing and treating cancer. We employ over 4,500 staff in a diverse range of careers including nursing, medical, science, radiography, pharmacy, occupational therapy, finance and administrative services. We have two hospitals - one in Chelsea, London, and one in Sutton, Surrey - as well as a Medical Daycare Unit in Kingston Hospital.
At The Royal Marsden, we deal with cancer every day, so we understand how valuable life is. When people entrust their lives to us, they have the right to demand the very best. That's why the pursuit of excellence lies at the heart of everything we do.
At the heart of the hospital is our dedicated team. We offer a stimulating and dynamic working environment, a wide range of staff benefits, learning and development opportunities and clear career pathways. There are opportunities to work flexibly across a range of areas and specialities and we welcome flexible working requests from point of hire to support employees work life balance. We are looking for employees who aspire to excellence, share our values and can play a crucial role in our on-going achievements.
For further information on this role, please see the attached detailed Job Description and Person Specification.
- To drive the production of the month 9 and 12 Foundation Trust Consolidation accounts, including taking responsibility for the preparation of key disclosure notes, compiling and reviewing the working papers and ensuring compliance with national and local requirements. Lead on the production of robust analytical reviews.
- To maintain a detailed timetable for the preparation of the accounts, liaising with other teams/departments to ensure all reporting deadlines are met.
- To prepare the balance sheet and cash flow sections for inclusion in the monthly NHSE returns.
- To support the Head of Financial Accounting with managing the year end and interim audits and coordinating with the external auditors.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).