The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
A vacancy has arisen for an enthusiastic, highly motivated Finance Officer within the Financial Accounting team.
Reporting directly into the Senior Financial Accountant, the Finance Officer will be responsible for assisting in the provision of an efficient Financial Reporting function, with specific responsibilities for payroll interfaces and reconciliations, other selected control account reconciliations, system administration and help desk management.
The successful candidate is likely to have a background in financial accounting. Coming from either a commercial or NHS organisation, you will be able to demonstrate a strong motivation for the sector. You will have a strong technical skill set, coupled with excellent relationship building skills and strong academics. You will be studying towards attaining a CCAB-recognised qualification. In person you must demonstrate confidence, initiative and integrity to work within an established and high profile organisation
You will be joining a collaborative, hardworking and inclusive finance department who encourage development and high standards. We are open to candidates from a diverse range of sector backgrounds, although it is essential that all candidates embrace our organisations values.
Main duties of the job
- To be responsible for the monthly and weekly payroll interfaces, payroll reconciliations, pay-overs to HMRC, salary deductions, salary sacrifice, and to act as the key point of contact for NHS SBS on payroll related queries
- Maintain and monitor the Finance department's list of individual salary overpayments
- Effectively manage key Finance mail Inboxes including Staff Expenses and NHS SBS Helpdesk
- Involvement in the system administration function for Oracle and iSLR (Trust finance and reporting systems), including maintaining hierarchies and overseeing joiner/leaver user access processes
- Supporting the Senior Financial Accountant (immediate line manager) in the maintenance of an efficient financial accounting function
The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust is a world-leading cancer centre. Our role is to offer our patients the best cancer care available anywhere in the world, and to continue to make a global contribution to finding better ways of diagnosing and treating cancer. We employ over 4,500 staff in a diverse range of careers including nursing, medical, science, radiography, pharmacy, occupational therapy, finance and administrative services. We have two hospitals - one in Chelsea, London, and one in Sutton, Surrey - as well as a Medical Daycare Unit in Kingston Hospital.
At The Royal Marsden, we deal with cancer every day, so we understand how valuable life is. When people entrust their lives to us, they have the right to demand the very best. That's why the pursuit of excellence lies at the heart of everything we do.
At the heart of the hospital is our dedicated team. We offer a stimulating and dynamic working environment, a wide range of staff benefits, learning and development opportunities and clear career pathways. There are opportunities to work flexibly across a range of areas and specialities and we welcome flexible working requests from point of hire to support employees work life balance. We are looking for employees who aspire to excellence, share our values and can play a crucial role in our on-going achievements.
For further information on this role, please see the attached detailed Job Description and Person Specification.
- Control the transfer of payroll data from the ESR system into the financial ledger on a weekly/monthly basis
- Reconcile weekly and monthly data to payroll reports in line with Finance timetables
- Review monthly reconciliations for key payroll control accounts prepared by SBS Payroll
- Administer season ticket loan applications and reconcile the associated control accounts.
- Correspond with SBS Payroll to ensure that any leavers with outstanding loan debts receive the correct deductions from pay
- Administer Salary sacrifice schemes and reconcile the associated control accounts.
- Review the weekly payment run reports generated by NHS SBS and ensure that payments are approved in line with agreed Trust policies
Qualifications and experience
Technical knowledge and skills
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).