Physiotherapist - Recovering Independence Beds
Northamptonshire Healthcare Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
Thackley Green , Corby, NN18 8JS
Turn Furlong, Northampton, NN2 8BZ
Each day we deliver the health and social care services that people in Northamptonshire receive, in the community, at home, work or in schools.
In October 2022 we are launching a new way of working across the sites in Turn Furlong (Kingsthorpe, Northampton) and Thackley Green (Corby), to provide a new integrated health and social care model of care for people needing short term support upon discharge from hospital.
The 'Recovering Independence Bed' units, will be delivered by a range of staff from health and social care settings, to deliver clinical care, rehabilitation support, and care support, ensuring patients experience the best quality of service they can, in a prompt and smooth fashion.
The services will provide a unique opportunity to work with a dedicated team, with experience from both elements of health and social care, to deliver vital intermediate care for patients in Northamptonshire.
You will need to provide quality care for our patients, specialising in rehabilitation/reablement and sub-acute care for patient stepping down from acute hospitals.
As the focus of the centres is rehabilitation and reablement you will be working in an integrated multi-disciplinary team that includes senior nurses, staff nurses, unregistered staff, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, medical staff and social care colleagues.
Main duties of the job
We want to create an effective and high performing team and so we are looking for somebody who is proactive and dedicated team member, is open to new ideas and is committed to delivering high quality patient care. You can be part of this new service from the very beginning and make a positive difference to people's recovery.
As a Physiotherapist you'll
- assess the healthcare needs of patients and develop treatment plans reflecting their needs
- work closely with patients and MDT to set goals to progress patients towards discharge
- assist the senior therapy staff in managing a cohort of patients and developing individualised therapeutic programmes
- supervise and delegate to support staff
- be open to new ways of working in the centre and developing strong links with other services and the wider community
- you'll need to be well organised, confident and able to be adaptable and resourceful to deliver high quality patient care.
- leadership and management skills are also important, as with all healthcare professional roles, communication skills, problem-solving and good clinical judgement are crucial.
- be an integral part of the team but be able to work flexibly with minimum supervision, with the ability to prioritise work based on the patient need.
- must have IT skills
NHFT has recently been shortlisted for Trust of the year!
Rewards and Benefits
- Excellent learning and development to support you and develop your Nursing Career.
- Flexible working opportunities from start date
- Free parking on Trust Sites
Northamptonshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust is committed to training and developing its staff not only with clinical skills but also in leadership and managerial skills.
You'll also have access to our generous pension scheme and health service discounts, as well as generous annual leave plus bank holidays.
Interviews will take place between the 22nd - 26th August 2022.
Join us and become part of Team NHFT.
NHFT is an integrated primary care and mental health Trust, providing physical, mental health and specialty services in both hospital settings and out in the community. Because we put the person at the centre of all we do, we focus on delivering care that is as easy to access as possible. This means many of our services can be provided at home, work or in schools.We also provide health services to various prisons and detention centres in Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire.
For further information on the advertised role, please refer to the job description located under the Supporting Documents heading. The full person specification can be accessed under the About You Section of the document.
Education and Qualification
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).