To support the Associate Director of Nursing and Midwifery education in the ongoing co- design, delivery and evaluation of education and training programmes for nurses midwives and AHPs
To work in partnership with senior nursing, Midwifery and AHP colleagues in developing and embedding the education requirements
To produce reports as required and to monitor activity in relation to the programmes
Main duties of the job
Directly line manage staff within the preceptorship, post graduate and OSCE team
Work closely with the Associate Director of Post Grad Education to deliver KPIs
Provide quality written reports within expected deadlines
To provide leadership and oversight of the development of the Specialism in nursing projectsTo provide leadership and oversight of the development of the preceptorship programmeResponsible for the planning, development, co-ordination and evaluation of the project
To provide leadership and oversight of the OSCE preparation programme. Responsible for the planning, development, co-ordination and evaluation of the project
To work with HEIs and colleagues across the trust to support the development of clinical skills and education
Act as an expert resource and model for colleagues
Teach on specific modules, simulation and inter-professional education to support the project
Develop and apply innovative and appropriate teaching techniques and material which foster learner engagement
Review teaching content and materials update and expand upon as required
Provide effective role modelling and leadership in practice learning when working with colleagues
Ensure that teaching content, design and delivery complies with the quality standards and regulations of the university, the faculty, and any other appropriate body
Be a key contact for internal and external stakeholder projects
Barts Health is one of the largest NHS trusts in the country, and one of Britain's leading healthcare providers.
The Barts Health group of NHS hospitals is entering an exciting new era on our improvement journey to becoming an outstanding organisation with a world-class clinical reputation. Having lifted ourselves out of special measures, we now have the impetus and breathing space to chart a fresh course in which we are continually striving to improve all our services for patients.
Our vision is to be a high-performing group of NHS hospitals, renowned for excellence and innovation, and providing safe and compassionate care to our patients in east London and beyond. That means being a provider of excellent patient safety, known for delivering consistently high standards of harm-free care and always caring for patients in the right place at the right time. It also means being an outstanding place to work, in which our WeCare values and behaviours are visible to all and guide us in how we work together.
We strive to live by our WeCare values and are committed to promoting inclusion, where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We value our differences and fully advocate, cultivate and support an inclusive working environment.
We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as they are underrepresented within Barts Health at this band.
23 May 2023
Agenda for change
£58,698 to £65,095 a year
Per annum inc
Mile end Hospital
Please read the attached job description and person specification for details information about role.
- oClinical Professional with a minimum of 5 years post registration experience of which 2 years' experience in developing & delivering educational programmes across an organisation
- oClinical manager with experience of working with learners
- oSignificant experience of managing, training and supporting staff
- oHas successfully planned and managed projects which deliver benefits for patients in complex clinical environments which required clinical and non-clinical staff to modify their way of working
- oHas successfully introduced new or updated systems to meet user requirements.
- oCan act as the lead specialist in both the project management and change management
- oSuccessful project management experience
- oExperience of influencing and negotiating to achieve successful outcomes.
- oExperience of developing and implementing policies and procedures
- oDemonstrable previous success in leading and delivering change and performance with and through clinical teams, by engaging them in the strategic direction and delivery plans,
- oEstablishing clear work priorities with them, delegating effectively, ensuring a capability to deliver, monitoring performance and giving feedback
- oCommitment to improving patient services through an ability to sustain a clear performance focus on achieving demanding goals
- oStrong written and verbal communication skills, with experience of delivering workshops and training and writing reports.
- oExcellent interpersonal skills
- oCan effectively deal with interruptions from staff during this time
- oAn ability to analyse and resolve highly complex problems where there is no precedent.
- oAble to analyse complex issues and be able to retain concentration levels in a fast paced environment, and under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- oDevelopment and monitoring of complex project plans.
- oStandard keyboard skills and an ability to manipulate complex data within tight deadlines.
- oCan work autonomously to achieve agreed objectives without reference to a manager.
- oExcellent problem solving skills, with the ability to innovate.
- oCapable of working with clinical and nonclinical staff at all levels, displaying excellent customer service skills.
- oSelf-motivated and able to lead, motivate and work as part of a team.
- oA professional attitude towards all staff and patients during incidental or planned contact.
- oAbility to negotiate and influence with all levels of the organisations and different staff groups
- oStrong presentation skills, able to present to large groups confidently.
- oAble to train effectively on a 1-1 basis and in groups, tailoring training to meet individual needs.
- oExcellent organisational skills while responding to tight deadlines
- oEvidence of continued professional development.
- oProvide evidence of highly developed specialist knowledge in all aspects of application implementation and change management.
- oExcellent working knowledge of Microsoft desktop suite, including word, excel, PowerPoint,
- oVision and ability to produce and deliver management information
- oKnowledge of the 5 year forward NHS Plan and the current modernisation agenda
- oMaster's degree level qualification
- oFirst level registered Nurse/Midwife/AHP
- oTeaching Qualification
- oLeadership course/development programme
- oPG cert Education
- oWorking towards MSC Education qualification
- oHas a thorough appreciation of the opportunities that new technology creates
- oStrong written and verbal communication skills, with experience of delivering workshops and training and writing reports
- oFlexible approach and willing to work to cover operational needs when necessary
- oAwareness of the principles of equality and diversity
- oTeam player able to contribute effectively to team and personal development.
- oSelf-motivating and act on own initiative, able to work independently
- oEffective in managing own time
- oAble to plan and organise on-going activities and programmes some of them complex
- oAbility to demonstrate a flexible and highly organised approach with an eye for detail
- oAbility to demonstrate a proactive approach to programmes to improve work procedures and own personal development
- oEvidenced management skills in dealing with staff, difficult situations and financial issues.
- oStrong evidence of leading a Change Management project
- oAble to work flexible hours
- oAbility to travel across all sites of the Trust
- oSufficient to perform the duties of the post with any aids and adaptations
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see
NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).