Staff Nurse - Newly Qualified Summer 2024
Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
Are you a third-year student looking for your first step into your Nursing career? Why don't you come along on the 30th September 2023 to our careers event to find out what we have to offer!
We are delighted to be hosting our student careers day on the 30th September 2023 starting from 10:00am at the Great Western Hospital. Our event is aimed towards all 3rd Year students, qualifying in Summer 2024 who are interested in joining our Trust. You will be able to learn more about the Trust, our services, and meet the Careers team, ward managers and staff that to assist you in making your decisions about your future with us.
Schedule for the day
- Welcome Presentation (Recruitment Q&A and student experience)
- Ward Manager Careers Fair - Meet and greet Ward Managers to discuss opportunities.
- Preceptorship Workshop
Note all applicants will receive an invitation prior to the attendance of the event on completion of their application via NHS jobs with confirmation of the attendee slot.
Main duties of the job
At the Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Swindon, we are recruiting newly qualified nurses to join our teams across a diverse range of opportunities. We are a progressive organisation with a reputation for training and clinical excellence and can offer you development opportunities in acute and community teams and rotational, portfolio and flexible working. The choice is yours!
So if you want a challenging and supported career introduction, thrive in a busy and diverse work environment and share our Trust values - 'Service, Teamwork, Ambition and Respect' - then we'd love you to come and join us!
What Do We Offer?
If you join our team, we guarantee the following support:
- Comprehensive package of training and support including a 12-month Preceptorship programme either in department or as part of the 'Stepping up Programme.'
- Inclusive support within house clinical skills and mandatory training, regular clinical supervision, annual performance reviews, and regular development reviews.
- Clinical Supervisors working alongside you to support, teach and assist you with any development areas where you feel you need support.
Are you the right person?
To be the right fit for our team, you will
- Be passionate about the service you provide and committed to providing the highest level of care to our patients;
- Excel in your training and have excellent communication skills;
- Be a reliable, self-motivator who can work well both as an individual and as a team player.
Next steps? Application Information
By making this one application you will be able to select the Department/s you wish to work. Interviews will be held in November/December 2023.
If you have any questions about a career in nursing at Great Western Hospitals, please do not hesitate to contact Shelly Knight, Student Placement Manager atShelly.Knight1@nhs.net
The post holder will be responsible for the delivery of high quality care to a defined patient group either within the acute hospital or community based setting. They are responsible for the assessment, planning, deliveryand evaluation of evidence based individualised patient care within the boundaries of their role.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).