Consultant - Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
Norfolk & Suffolk Foundation NHS Trust
This job is now closed
This role will be supported by a £12,000 relocation allowance
We have an opportunity for a Child and Adolescent Consultant Psychiatrist to join our Tier 4 Inpatient Dragonfly Unit based in Carlton Colville, Lowestoft. The Dragonfly Unit is rated Outstanding by CQC and was awarded a QNIC Accreditation by The Royal College of Psychiatrists in 2020.
The Dragonfly Unit is a mixed sex, 12 bedded Child & Adolescent unit which offers care for acute Mental Health Issues, including a secondary diagnosis Eating Disorder.
You will work alongside a talented, enthused and robust multidisciplinary team that includes a senior clinical psychologist, a child psychotherapist, an advanced nurse practitioner, a family therapist, a staff grade doctor, a team leader and a matron providing a therapeutic, recovery focused level of care.
Main duties of the job
The multi-disciplinary team provides inpatient treatment for young people aged 13 to their 18th birthday with severe mental health problems and eating disorders.
- To provide consultancy, advice, support and intervention to the team and wider professionals. .
- Multi-disciplinary team working and liaising with other secondary care services and external stakeholders as required.
- To involve service users and their carer's in decision about their treatment.
- Supervise and train junior medical staff.
- The post-holder will have access to designated office space and IT facilities. They will also have access to designated admin support.
- Contribute to formal and informal teaching to medical students attached to the University East Anglia School of Medicine.
- The Trust also hosts medical students attached to the St George's International School of Medicine based in Grenada.
- Active role in the New Care models clinical design group.
This is an exciting time to join the Dragonfly Unit and NSFT as we commit to developing strong clinical leads.
NSFT are committed to Quality Improvement and have paired up with East London Foundation Trust to train and develop our staff in the understanding of QI and how to implement this on our wards.
We are part of the East of England Clinical Design group and currently developing new and exciting ways of working with young people and their families, including the 72 hr admission crisis pathway and outreach/ home treatment.
We believe that staff who feel valued by their employers and are truly engaged are able to provide better outcomes for our service users
24 November 2022
Hospital medical and dental staff
£88,364 to £119,133 a year gross per annum pro rata
For further information on the vacancy available, please see attached full Job Description and Person Specification.
- Entry on the GMC Register
- Approved clinician status
- Section 12(2) Approval under the Mental Health Act
- Specialist Register or within 6 months of CCST
- 3 years or equivalent medical experience
- 6 months experience in relevant clinical area
- Evidence of knowledge of diagnosis, treatment + management of complex mental illess
- Effective team working
- Leadership qualities
- Driving Licence/able to travel independently
- A clear understanding of Clinical Governance
- Demonstrate a commitment to open review of practice
- Experience of supervising junior medical staff
- Teaching and presentation skills
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Norfolk & Suffolk Foundation NHS Trust
https://www.nsft.nhs.uk/Pages/Home.aspx (Opens in a new tab)
For questions about the job, contact:
Norfolk & Suffolk Foundation NHS Trust's privacy notice (opens in a new tab)