Senior Improvement Advisor
Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
Due to the expansion of the team AQUA are looking for an Senior Improvement Advisor with experience of delivering quality improvement and QI capability building programmes. The postholder will be responsible for operational delivery of a core suite of QI programmes as well as supporting delivery across Person Centred Care, Safety and Aqua wide programmes.
You will join a competent, enthusiastic and driven team and will need to lead and contribute to team development, influence and drive positive improvement behaviours.
You will need experience and evidence of quality improvement knowledge and skills and the ability to develop these skills in others. This includes the ability to deliver classroom and virtual based training covering theoretical and practical quality improvement models, tools, and techniques. You will need to support individuals and teams to identify and deliver against evidenced quality outcomes. You will be competent in the application of QI tools and demonstrate evidence of your own personal experience in the application of these skills in a health or social care setting. The successful candidate must be able to lead key quality improvement programmes on behalf of Aqua, design and deliver events and operationally manage the day-to-day delivery of highly complex work. You must be able to work confidently in a quality improvement arena, communicating with multiple stakeholders, developing positive and responsive relationships with all stakeholders.
Main duties of the job
Aqua blends operational delivery in virtual & face to face settings and this post provides the opportunity to work from home and the office when required. Posts require extensive monthly travel nationally which may include overnight stays, working on site and at events with our clients & partners.
Aqua (Advancing Quality Alliance) is a quality improvement organisation, working with the NHS, care providers and local authorities to identify, refine and embed sustainable strategies for high-quality care and regulatory excellence.
Established in 2010, we operate as a membership and consultancy organisation within the NHS, providing quality improvement expertise, specialist learning and development across the UK.
We develop tailored, efficient solutions, informed by data and co-designed with service users to deliver maximum impact.
At Aqua we seek to ensure we reflect the world in which we live in through understanding and supporting equality and diversity in all that we do. Our values of excellence, Respect, Integrity and collaboration are at the heart of our work in support of our staff and members.
***Please not that this vacancy is for Advancing Quality Alliance (Aqua) and will be based at Crossgate House in Sale and not for Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust***
07 July 2022
Agenda for change
£47,126 to £53,219 a year pro rata
Full-time, Home or remote working
Aqua, Crossgate House
To read more information about the advertised role, and the main job duties/responsibilities please open the Job Description and Person Specification located under the supporting documents heading. You can also read more information about working at the Northern Care Alliance within the attached Candidate Information Pack or by visiting our careers website: www.careers.northerncarealliance.nhs.uk
In line with the Trust's Single Equality Scheme we welcome applications from everyone irrespective of ethnic origin, disability, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, marital status, social background or trade union membership.
Qualifcations & Registration
- Postgraduate Diploma level qualification in relevant field
- Quality Improvement / Safety qualification or demonstrable equivalent experience.
- Change management or Safety Improvement qualification
- Masters level qualification
- Experience in delivering QI improvement support for teams to be able to make improvements within their own areas of work
- Experience in the design, delivery and evaluation of quality improvement programmes and projects to agreed timescales and within budget
- Experience in facilitation of classroom based delivery of both theory and practical application of QI, to multiple groups of people including senior leaders
- Significant experience presenting quality improvement metrics and data progress to large groups of customers using appropriate media
- Experience of applying quality improvement and programme management skills across multi-provider pathways
- Experience of quality improvement coaching, application of action learning and/or continuous quality improvement methods
- Experience of financial management of projects to time and within budget
- Experience of successful Improvement initiative/programmes/projects in a complex environment , preferably in a health or care setting
- Specialist knowledge of Quality Improvement theories and models
- Significant specialist working knowledge of change management processes and techniques
- Participation in Continuous Professional In support of safety and or QI Development
- Able to contribute to the management of multiple programmes
- Knowledge of patient safety and mortality and Person Centred Care
- Able to use QI tools and techniques as part of routine work
- Able to engage, involve and collaborate with multiple stakeholders to implement and assess QI improvement methods and approaches across improvement programmes
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to work autonomously and resolve problems independently
- Ability to recognise and manage the expectations of colleagues and customers
- Resolve conflict and mediate difficult situations
- Highly motivated, innovative and able to work without supervision
- Commitment to team working and development
- Willing to accept uncertainty and adapt to change and encourage this in others
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust
Aqua, Crossgate House
https://www.northerncarealliance.nhs.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)
For questions about the job, contact:
Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust 's privacy notice (opens in a new tab)