Radiology Clerical Officer
George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust
This job is now closed
Job Title - Radiology Clerical Officer
Hours per week -37.5 hours Per Week
Perm/Fixed Term- Permanent
Salary-£22,383 per annum
Closing Date-15th Decemeber 2023
Interview Date - 18th Decemeber 2023
The Radiology Department is open 07:30-19:30, 7 days a week, therefore flexibility is required. The successful candidate will be working Monday-Friday and will be required to cover early shifts (07:30-15:30), standard days (09:00-17:00) and late shifts (11:30-19:30). Overtime may periodically be available.
This post may close early due to high numbers of applicationsso you are advised to apply promptly.
All correspondence for this vacancy will be sent by email; please check your account regularly including your Junk and SPAM areas.
A great and friendly place to work, so bring your passion, commitment and expertise and enjoy the opportunities to make a difference every day.
Main duties of the job
- Scan patient referrals into the Radiology Information System (RIS).
- Check that all patient information is correct via three point check.
- Staff the department reception area, meeting patients, accepting referrals and checking details for accuracy.
- Update Radiographers/Radiologists/Sonographers of any changes to their appointment lists and pass relevant information given by the patient at reception.
- Use the computerized Patient Administration System when necessary, to confirm patient/referrers details, as well as patients admission status.
- Assist secretarial staff in sending printed reports to referring clinician.
Here at George Eliot our vision to 'excel at patient care' takes centre stage. An ever evolving clinically-led acute service provider we are on a journey to continually provide high quality, safe and responsive services delivered by inspiring, friendly and compassionate staff who share our corporate values which underpin everything we do. Our values are not just words on a piece of paper, they bond us together, reflect our ambition and shape who we are:
Effective Open Communication
excellence and safety in everything we do
Challenge but support
Expect respect and dignity
Local health that inspires confidence
Benefits:On-site nursery, 27 days minimum annual leave plus bank holidays, cycle to work scheme, flexible working, extensive in-house course learning directory, buying and selling of annual leave, subsidised restaurant, tranquillity garden and generous subsidised on-site parking.
- Pull and send copies of reports/images requested by other hospitals, following departmental procedure.
- Assist appointment clerks with scheduling of appointments and sending letters.
- Request patients hospital medical notes, if required.
- Attend departmental admin meetings and contribute to the improvement of the Radiology service. Ensure personal awareness and knowledge of departmental and Trust wide issues.
- Receive telephone queries from patients and referrers and action them, as per agreed guidelines.
- Any other ad hoc duties in line with post and grades responsibilities, as directed by the Office Manager of Deputy.
- Participate in relevant training events as required.
- Undergo an annual appraisal within the department, which will enable post holder to develop an appropriate training and development plan of both personal and professional needs.
- Ensure that all mandatory training taken and updated as required and in line with Health and Safety policies.
Experience and Knowledge
Qualifications and Professional Training
Skills and Abilities
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).